• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omega sawy? Vintage Seamaster Chrono Q

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The lates flurry of Seamaster threads had me thinking, so I went browsing. How would you rate this, and what should I offer to the local dealer? Thanks Speed

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tianliken
i like the watch,if you can offer to the local dealer to www.fine-nike.com

Wow, that's creative
spam[1].gif
!

Speed, that's a beautiful watch. I wish I had some idea of what to tell you to offer the merchant.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thats a beautiful watch. What is the dealer asking for it?

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The price will depend on the establishment and your area. If it's a high end boutique that will offer a warranty, the price will of course be inflated.

I would ask the dealer about a box and papers along with a record of its last service and any known repairs. The band does not look original either. I'd say you could offer as low as 6-700 if it is in need of service or doesn't have any original material, but expect to pay upwards of 10-1500 if all is in order.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
Thats a beautiful watch. What is the dealer asking for it?
Way to much ...
Originally Posted by acidicboy
wait... the face says de ville.
Is a Seamaster de Ville, so yes you are correct. During the 1960's, a number of watches were released under the combined "Seamaster DeVille" name--combining the water-resistant Seamaster cases with the more advanced movements found in the DeVille line.
Originally Posted by 330CK
The price will depend on the establishment and your area. If it's a high end boutique that will offer a warranty, the price will of course be inflated. I would ask the dealer about a box and papers along with a record of its last service and any known repairs. The band does not look original either. I'd say you could offer as low as 6-700 if it is in need of service or doesn't have any original material, but expect to pay upwards of 10-1500 if all is in order.
Apparently unworn from a reputable client. But no manual ... Might have the original sales doc in the store archives ... I think I wil play the waiting game

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure what "way too much" means, but here's a very similar model on Ebay for $1350 which comes with all the attendent risks of Ebay buying (especially from a South American seller) which may well sell for more before it's over.
http://cgi.ebay.com/OMEGA-SEAMASTER-...QQcmdZViewItem

This is not a very common model to find in such good condition. If I had it, I wouldn't be looking to give it away. Have no idea what he might be asking, but from the looks of it it is a very nice condition caliber 321 movement (a great movement used in the original Speedmaster "Moon Watch" line).

Very nice watch. Me likey.
inlove.gif

EDIT: Here's one in 18k gold for $6500 OBO:
http://cgi.ebay.com/OMEGA-SEAMASTER-...QQcmdZViewItem

And another in 18k gold (looks a little rough) for $6000:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1960s-OMEGA-SEAM...QQcmdZViewItem

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh my...first Eustace Tilley's reindeer adaleids, now this. I think I'm going to dehydrate myself from all the drooling....

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Not sure what "way too much" means, but here's a very similar model on Ebay for $1350 which comes with all the attendent risks of Ebay buying (especially from a South American seller) which may well sell for more before it's over. http://cgi.ebay.com/OMEGA-SEAMASTER-Chronograph-Caliber-321-Circa-1959-1960_W0QQitemZ280212843251QQihZ018QQcategoryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem This is not a very common model to find in such good condition. If I had it, I wouldn't be looking to give it away. Have no idea what he might be asking, but from the looks of it it is a very nice condition caliber 321 movement (a great movement used in the original Speedmaster "Moon Watch" line). Very nice watch. Me likey.
inlove.gif
EDIT: Here's one in 18k gold for $6500 OBO: http://cgi.ebay.com/OMEGA-SEAMASTER-VINTAGE-18K-321-MOVEMENT-VERY-RARE_W0QQitemZ190211758606QQihZ009QQcategoryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem And another in 18k gold (looks a little rough) for $6000: http://cgi.ebay.com/1960s-OMEGA-SEAMASTER-18K-CHRONO-chronograph-RARE_W0QQitemZ150232019651QQihZ005QQcategoryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not impressed by the last one, and not fasinated by that housing series. I like to, not sure i like +10.000,-$ ex local tax (25%) ... But it was NICE on the wrist, think the seller saw a sale. Lott of other nice wathes in that territory, and have just barely started looking. Not a ting of need, have 2 vintage. One YG LG and a RG titus chrono (grand fathers). As well as some new

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
Not impressed by the last one, and not fasinated by that housing series.

I like to, not sure i like +10.000,-$ ex local tax (25%) ...
But it was NICE on the wrist, think the seller saw a sale. Lott of other nice wathes in that territory, and have just barely started looking.
Not a ting of need, have 2 vintage. One YG LG and a RG titus chrono (grand fathers). As well as some new

YIKES! That is way too much, especially for a stainless cased model. I'd pass, it's unlikely you'll get into the same ballpark on this one. $2000-$2500 would be a lot, IMO, but more reasonable if you got a good warranty, etc. For $10,000 you can do a lot better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads