• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vvoc
i really like the fit of your fh's...whats your waist?

32" wearing 30 3001s. Use your imagination to figure out how much my waist hurts when I sag them. But ya, they fit just the way I want everywhere but the waist. They still have room to stretch however.

Studio27

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
What about sub 500 dollar shoes that are rebranded and well over 5. Like socals...

crackup[1].gif

mshemons

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AJL
dude is 6'7" w/ 31'" waist. stickman

*ding*ding*ding*ding*

Yeah, I'm 6'7" or 2m for the rest of the world. I have a terrible time finding clothes that fit and for many years I just didn't try and simply bought XL shirts and 34x36 pants with belts. About 6 mo. ago my GF at the time basically forced me to throw out everything in my closet and start over. She found me those jeans, which I have grown to love (it was extremely weird wearing pants that actually fit. They are still about 2" too short though).

I just discovered Self Edge though and bought a pair of Red-D slims which I cannot wait to receive next week. Shirts, and good jackets and coats are still a problem though. J-Crew has some good tall sizes which work well, as does Gap. As I browse this thread though I look at all these amazing clothes and wish that they made them in my size... </emo rant>

Back to clothes. Fade To Black, your style is really interesting. You seem to have a build similar to mine and you wear looser-fitting pieces. I really need to look at that one Japanese designer you wear a lot of.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fashunhor
Dare I ask why? (I don't own a pair btw)

They only retail at about ~$300.

LK has expressed that he's got trust issues with shoes at that pricepoint.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ga-vroche
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/4150/pict0034lb9.jpg[/img]

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1196/pict0024vq8.jpg[/img]

Sweat Bill Tornade
Shirt Zara
Tie???
Trousers Muji
Shos Paul Smith

I like all of this - even the sneaks+dress pants which is normally weird looking but here works - except that the thinness of the sweater allows the tie to kind of poke out. It's kind of disconcerting, like it wants to escape.
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
Great coat.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by wrl
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh310/wrlwrlwrl/fit71.jpg[/IMG]
Apologies for same hoodie as yesterday.

I like the look, particularly the jacket, but the hoodie just doesn't do it for me. What kind of jeans though? Nifty stitching on the pockets.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fashunhor
Dare I ask why? (I don't own a pair btw)
Can't speak for LK, but the leather AE's uses is of low quality and most of the designs are inelegant. They also suffer from poor finishing.

fashunhor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
They only retail at about ~$300.

LK has expressed that he's got trust issues with shoes at that pricepoint.

Right. That much was clear. I was just wondering if it was because he believes that one cannot purchase a pair of shoes of good quality and design for under $500, or that he has the financial prowess to simply only buy shoes for more.

datasupa

Reaction score
What part of 'he's got trust issues with shoes at that price point' don't you understand?

fashunhor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by datasupa
What part of 'he's got trust issues with shoes at that price point' don't you understand?

I think it is an honest question. I am just trying to get a more detailed explanation. I think a very good argument could be made for being able to purchase a good if not great pair of shoes for under $500. Although I am not making that argument I just wanted to hear LKs thoughts. This is the first I have encountered him. That's all.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I for one have trust issues with sweaters and knits that are under $500, along with ties under $75.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads