1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randomtw

randomtw Senior member

Bandanerz.

Fucking awful test this morning @ 8am forced me to dress KISS (keep it simple, stupid) but hey:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And following Sauce's photos of the 'hood program:
    [​IMG]

what's the name of the jacket?

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

PC
    G-Star
    Red Wing
    APC
    JV

[​IMG]

3. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

4. whodini

whodini Senior member

Only reason I put it in my back pocket was because of you.
    That'a boy.
    Very nice watch Who. I didnt know Seiko made automatic watches. I used to have a vintage mechanical Hamilton that looked very similar.
    I know the watch you're talking about. Very cool. I've never seen it in person but from what I can tell the strap looks a lot better.
    Who, what's the model # on that Seiko, it's exactly what I'm looking for.
    It's called a Seiko 5. http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-Automati...3857064&sr=1-9 It also comes in black, navy, or tan. I honestly wouldn't mind picking up another one in a different color. Another cool detail: [​IMG]
    Rained today, argh.
    This is some sort of acting workshop exercise, right?
    what's the name of the jacket?
    It's a military flight jacket copy from Zara this past f/w. You can't really see the details in the photo but there are loads: internal map pocket, internal pouch with snap, asymmetrical zip chest pocket, motorcycle collar, etc. While I'm sure it'd be a million times better if made with nicer material, I wouldn't want to change what is essentially a jazzed-up windbreaker. Hopefully you can still grab one at a store.

5. hustlenflo22

hustlenflo22 Senior member

[​IMG]

For serious, a LOT going on with that jacket...is that the APC piece or the G-Star piece?

6. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

Gotta be G-Star.

Drizzit: APC rescues as well?

7. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

My something-good-is-gonna-happen-soon face:

[​IMG]

Same + Ropa Shirt

V-necks better for short dudes?

V-necks better for all dudes without chest hair. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

8. whacked

whacked Senior member

Who, what's the model # on that Seiko, it's exactly what I'm looking for.

It's called a Seiko 5. http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-Automati...3857064&sr=1-9
    It also comes in black, navy, or tan. I honestly wouldn't mind picking up another one in a different color.

Erhh... Seiko 5 is the name of Seiko's more affordable watches line. Yet they aren't low quality by any means, but rather very rugged and durable since their usual customer has only one watch and wear it every day.

Whodini's watch, with pilot / flieger dial, is produced for the Asian market and thus only available to US customers via eBay. Just do an eBay search like this or this.

There are a few different styles with corresponding model number:
    - Cream dial: SNK803K2
    - Green dial: SNK805K2 (who's watch)
    - Blue dial: SNK807K2
    - Black dial: SNK809K2
    - There is also another version with off-white, all lume dial, which is rare and usually more expensive. I forgot the model number.

eBay going prices for them are ~ $55-65 shipped IIRC.

@who: noobs! [​IMG]

9. xchen

xchen Senior member

whacked, I looked these up earlier as well after reading his post. I like the watch, but not sure which color I'd be best off getting. I am thinking the beige one or the black one, but it's a difficult decision and I won't be ordering one today anyways.

10. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ Black is usually more versatile. Unless you, like us watch crazies, already have a tons of watches with dials in basic colors (black, white) laying around...
    There's a good shot of the black version on brown leather strap here.

Also, as I said earlier, the Seiko flieger has become a favorite of MCers. Check this thread out.

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Gotta be G-Star. Drizzt: APC rescues as well?
    The jacket is the G-Star Sniper. Those are APC NS... Rescues would be WAY baggier than that.

12. jet

jet Senior member

^My rescues look exactly like that if not slimmer.

13. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

^My rescues look exactly like that if not slimmer.

Well these NS aren't brand new. I bought a pair of Rescues in 30 (sized down 3 from true waist) that are somewhat baggier than these NS (size 32) below the knee. Hemming NS make the leg opening bigger though because it only tapers close to the bottom.

14. whodini

whodini Senior member

^ Black is usually more versatile. Unless you, like us watch crazies, already have a tons of watches with dials in basic colors (black, white) laying around...

Yeah, I'm sure the black version will go well with your black dress shoes, black suit, black tie, and black belt.

@whacked: noob!

15. jet

jet Senior member

Well these NS aren't brand new. I bought a pair of Rescues in 30 (sized down 3 from true waist) that are somewhat baggier than these NS (size 32) below the knee. Hemming NS make the leg opening bigger though because it only tapers close to the bottom.

How the hell do you fit into 30 rescues? I wear 31s and 32 in ns.

16. xchen

xchen Senior member

I was thinking the black watch would be good, but I don't currently have any black shoes and likely won't until I place my RM Williams order. I also don't wear much black right now, and will be getting some new eyeglasses and sunglasses, but both will likely be tortoise shell.

17. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I almost picked up one of those eBay fliegers awhile back--maybe I'll just grab one. The olive looks great, and seems like it would be very versatile, casually.

I often wear a black seiko diver with shoes that aren't black [​IMG]

18. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

How the hell do you fit into 30 rescues? I wear 31s and 32 in ns.

I have 33" waist. The Rescues in 31 come with 35" waist. The Rescues in 30 come with about 34" or so. I can probably fit into 29s if I wanted. My NS were about 34" waist but have stretched to close to 36", they are nice and slouchy now.

19. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Yeah, you really don't have to match a black watch with your shoes, you can pretty much wear it with anything. My daily beater watch is a breitling crosswind with black face.

20. totally epic

totally epic Senior member

That is easily in my top five of favorite waywt's of all time. Everything is so clean and simple, but there's still attention to detail, and the jacket is amazing! Plus everything fits you perfectly.
    Thank you for the kind comments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.