• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by freelance robotics
yea or nay on the shirt? the collar looks a little funny, but i can usually get it to sit more naturally.
The shirt looks good. Those boots look like they weigh about the same as you do though. Maybe try to balance it a bit by untucking the jeans? Or, if you insist on showing off the boots you could unlace them a bit and then pull the jeans about halfway down the boot?

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
91272321.jpg

Dolce and Gabbana sweater
bespoke calfskin leather pants
Maison Martin Margiela boots
Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses
scent: Cuir Mauresque by Serge Lutens

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Looking so smart (and fat to some) at art galleries:
Jil Sander single chalk stripe coat
Jil Sander cashmere/silk hoodie
Jil Sander cotton navy waffle knit tee
Jil Sander jeans
Jil Sander black laceups
button001.jpg

Marhar are your leather pants lined? I feel so swampy in unlined leather I just can't do it (like the Jil shirts from Raf's first collection).

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Looking so smart (and fat to some) at art galleries:
Jil Sander single chalk stripe coat
Jil Sander cashmere/silk hoodie
Jil Sander cotton navy waffle knit tee
Jil Sander jeans
Jil Sander black laceups
button001.jpg

Marhar are your leather pants lined? I feel so swampy in unlined leather I just can't do it (like the Jil shirts from Raf's first collection).

Yes, they are lined all the way to the knee. I was inspired by the Junya Watanabe video of FW07 last night decided to wear leather today. Hope the exhibit was fun.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Between this and tundrafour's fit, it's great to see some nice fading here in WAWYT!
fing02[1].gif
Both are RRLs, no?

It's sort of disturbing that VMan's jeans fade so much around the crotch area though
confused.gif

Black Cherry

Reaction score
Dig the fades and shoes, Vman!

Maharlika, pulling off leather pants is pretty difficult. I'm not quite sure if you've done it, but props for even trying. That takes balls of a certain size.

To continue the blurry-face trend, here I am today! Went out bowling with my friends and got fairly intoxicated. Nothing new here, but that's what happens when you're poor and can't afford any new threads.

106du5.jpg

Army jacket from 'nam
Levi's linen western shirt
barely-seen AA tee
Andy Whall streaky grifters
Docs

I made sure not to crop out my American fender and weight because HAY LADIES I PLAY GUITAR AND LIFT WEIGHTS </douchebag>

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Black Cherry
Dig the fades and shoes, Vman!

Maharlika, pulling off leather pants is pretty difficult. I'm not quite sure if you've done it, but props for even trying. That takes balls of a certain size.

To continue the blurry-face trend, here I am today! Went out bowling with my friends and got fairly intoxicated. Nothing new here, but that's what happens when you're poor and can't afford any new threads.

106du5.jpg

Army jacket from 'nam
Levi's linen western shirt
barely-seen AA tee
Andy Whall streaky grifters
Docs

I made sure not to crop out my American fender and weight because HAY LADIES I PLAY GUITAR AND LIFT WEIGHTS </douchebag>

Lovin' your Docs. Leather pants has to fit perfectly. That's why I had them mtm. I wore them today and felt very comfortable.
smile.gif

Black Cherry

Reaction score
Rock on, homeslice. I think the most important part of wearing leather pants is being visibly comfortable in them. As long as you act natural, there's nothing wrong, and I commend that. I couldn't do it, personally, because I'm awkward.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
black cherry - that fit is spot-on. the boots + higher jean hem + fat rolled cuff + combing at knee + that streak wash =
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

i've tried to do this myself, but as a shorter guy i feel that big cuffs and tall boots will make me look even shorter than i already am
blush.gif

Black Cherry

Reaction score
Thanks-- Actually I'm not that tall myself. 5'9", which is average. I say go for it anyway. I see high cuffs as more of a functional and "neat" choice, than whatever effects the horizontal break may have on illusory height and such.

Actually if I were to see a shorter person with boots and high cuffs I would be MORE impressed by their stature than if they were sporting a slouchy sneaker/stacking combo.

These could just be drunken ramblings, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads