• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
11307picjl4.jpg

Getting warmer...
john_cho19.jpg

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome blazer GS, it is what Bob Barker would wear clubbing, and that is a good thing.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
How much does that vintage JLC run around if you dont mind me asking? It looks really nice...
I think in the $900-1,300 range depending on the condition and whether all parts are original. I may be completely wrong - haven't looked in a while

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
Bingo. I think the length is good, but allow for some very minimal shrinking if you haven't washed them yet.
Got it. They've been washed once

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
This might be a bit of redundant respose, but it ties to an interesting topic of ideals and such. Just to clarify, I dont dress like I do cuz Im fat.. im rather slim, but tall with wide chest and shoulders. I could possibly dress more "flattering" by having slimmer denim and perfect fitting shirts, but thats not what Im after really.

My point is, I dont think you have to dress slimfitting cuz you are slim. Look at chris for instance, he plays alot more with proportions, with shorter/wider pants, longer tops and such, not just the standard "well dressed guy" -formula.. And Id love to see more people do something like this..

Heh, I didn't mean to imply that you are fat. But your aesthetic sense is more square and for lack of a better word, industrial, then the average here. And I think that as great as experimenting an be, most people are still looking to show off their "well-dressed guy" qualities, or their slim physiques, more than they are to make statements. I think chris looks interesting, but I would never dress like that. I want to fit in to a greater degree than that allows.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
going out to dinner w/fiancee and my folks

11307picjl4.jpg

fred perry shirt
band of outsiders blazer
ralph lauren brown cords
gap burgundy socks
alden cordovan longwings
kent want pocketsquare

that blazer looks sick man

do you have any fabric that is of similar color (Idk if its the picture but it looks like a different shade than traditional navy...) for TaT by any chance?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
that blazer looks sick man

do you have any fabric that is of similar color (Idk if its the picture but it looks like a different shade than traditional navy...) for TaT by any chance?

It is BoO, but now that I think about it, some of the colors he has on his site, like the navy and teal would l look good if you just replaced the buttons with brass ones yourself. Oh to have money.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
It is BoO, but now that I think about it, some of the colors he has on his site, like the navy and teal would l look good if you just replaced the buttons with brass ones yourself. Oh to have money.

You can send him the buttons you want to use and he'll have them put onto the suit, same with liner fabric made out of material that you choose and send ahead of time.

Serg

Reaction score
jpgm; you seem to wear alot of dark clothes. Isn't it really hot in Perth? Like even in now it's probubly mid 80's. I'd die in boots and dark clothes in that weather (then again I'm not used to it.

jpgm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Serg
jpgm; you seem to wear alot of dark clothes. Isn't it really hot in Perth? Like even in now it's probubly mid 80's. I'd die in boots and dark clothes in that weather (then again I'm not used to it.
i sweat like a mofo at the best of times....so my outfits are starting to get more and more summer-y at the moment. it was pretty cool out last night when i went out to dinner....there is no way i wouldve survived wearing that today - it was about 30C today (85ish...?) and will be the same tomorrow....getting pretty warm.

CDC

Reaction score
I like the color combo and I dig the duffel coat but... the facial hair... http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=prison+*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads