• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MirrorLockUp
You're right. They are rather tight for RRDS. They're size 29. I thought I was sizing down one, but really I need to just be honest with myself and acknowledge that it was more like sizing down two. (I guess I put on some weight at the beginning of summer without noticing) They were very tight when I first put them on. They've since stretched out a bit, but hopefully they'll stretch out more before they're done.

I don't think they look too tight. They look good actually.

modual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I don't think they look too tight. They look good actually.

I wonder what LA Guy thinks..............................
crackup[1].gif

itskub

Reaction score
hey .
what i wore today- mesh shorts. bored enough to show off some recent buys..
picture041ae1.jpg

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very nice itskub....looks like something i would wear. i think it would be even better with different shoes.

itskub

Reaction score
why does no one like my adidas
wink.gif

heh yea.. one of those staple 'fits. i have a black pair of CT chelsea boots but its a bit too hot for those.

edit: patrizia pepe from daffy's in philly. there were like 10 different tops (buttonups, sweaters, l/s shirts), but most had unappealing details like intentional tears, raggity/frayed stiching, extremely low-neck sweaters... (i prefer the more moderate designs.)

i tried on the so called 'super slim' shirts from zara with the boxed pleats, and unfortunately they seem to fit loose like any other shirt.
though i prefer american designs, european brands hhave much more flattering cuts imo.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modual
I wonder what LA Guy thinks..............................
crackup[1].gif

One thing I like about Ralphs and New Standards is that you can wear them with varying degrees of tightness/looseness and they still look right. A cut like that is not easy to design. I think that the jeans look pretty good, though I like my Ralphs a little looser. One size, maybe.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by itskub
why does no one like my adidas
wink.gif

heh yea.. one of those staple 'fits. i have a black pair of CT chelsea boots but its a bit too hot for those.

eh...Too hot for chelsea boots, but cool enough to wear a sweater and tie?
alien.gif

overall looks good tho, but I'm not a fan of sneakers with a tie

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
Now: Army shirt, adidas track pants (lounging) The pic of last weekend: Hurley Hat, Obey Shirt, Diesel Jeans, GBX Boots. Nothing special but comfortable for 80 degree nights (even the boots). Shiddy pic quality but I didn't get mine from Google ERRRRR I'm not a pro photographer...

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by itskub
hey .
what i wore today- mesh shorts. bored enough to show off some recent buys..
picture041ae1.jpg

May I ask what perfectly fitting brand is the button up and sweater?

Chris.

Reaction score
7-31-07.jpg

drkshdw tee
ann demeulemeester multi skull
julius legging shorts
ann demeulemeester work boots

The_Mayor

Reaction score
100_0936.jpg

100_0937.jpg

100_0939.jpg

Lacoste shirt
Tim Camino white jeans
??? belt
J Crew socks
Church's shoes

I know... the jeans look too short. Haven't had them tailored yet, so they were rolled up. Also... not sure about the red stitching on the back of the jeans, but I like the fit, so whatever...

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris.
7-31-07.jpg

drkshdw tee
ann demeulemeester multi skull
julius legging shorts
ann demeulemeester work boots

Great fit! Everything's well put together and flows nicely. Nice individual style.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinoy
Another great fit. Virtually no shoulder roping, perfect amount of cuff, and looks like a fantastic drape.

Can you post a photo from the front? Something inside me wants to shorten that jacket a bit, but that just might be the side-effects of staring at the FW08 BoO collection for too long :p

Thanks. I'll try posting a pic next time I get around to wearing it, maybe sometime later this week.

Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Whodini, is that your Paul Smith (or was it Stuart?) jacket? Looks great. Have you had it altered yet, or is that straight out of the package?
Nope, not the Paul Smith. This is a CK prototype I picked up off ebay for pennies. 100% wool and it has a great feel to it. To my surprise it's rather well-made and not fused. I'm wearing it right out of the box but I think it might need some waist suppression.
Originally Posted by kallun
Whodini Good fit on the coat!
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads