• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
spaceman I think that the flip flops can be upgraded, especially if you're wearing them year round in your current climate. Just becuause they're generally considered a very casual item doesn't mean they can't look nice.

any ideas?
they are sanuks which are so comfy. i like them alot though they arent very fashionable.... i guess

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Birkenstock make the nicest sandals I have ever seen. They also seem to put a lot of effort into comfort. I currently want these
35172.jpg
http://www.birkenstockusa.com/produc...ky-suede/35172

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
^hippie

I was actually going to go with lesbian, but that works too.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really a fan of above. However, I haven't done much looking for much of the upcoming season because it's still freezing here and SS stuff has barely started to get out on shelves.

Best designs I've seen usually are fairly simple and follow a fairly traditional flip flop shape, just a bit refined. Most either hold the foot with Y-shaped strap strap between big and index toes that splits to both sides of the sandal, or the X-shaped running across the foot before the toes. Rubber sole, cushion middle, leather top, and leather upper. Perhaps an undistressed canvas material, depends.

I'm probably going to be sifting through some offerings in a month or two when more stuff hits shelves. I remember seeing some decent flip flops offerings last year in the $50-$150 range. I can PM some ideas for places to start when I get around to looking if you'd like.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Birkenstock Arizonas. I like them a lot. Sometimes I can't wear rainbows with some looser summer garments (linen 8" inseam shorts and such) because if my thighs show then it makes my feet look really tiny.

Hard to explain without a picture, but whatever.

I own a Subaru too (Impreza chassis, no hatchback). I'm a closet lesbian I guess.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
I can PM some ideas for places to start when I get around to looking if you'd like.

yeah sounds good.
no bireknstocks or ****** vivism... sanuks are nicer than those... i would say try them out!

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
xeno all of those sandals are ugly as ****, just get some boat shoes, ****

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by themidship22
WAYWT_6.jpg

Lighting is pretty awful, but oh well...

Definitely the best fit of that collab shirt so far. Much better than how Context shows it on their site.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
http://www.beautifulgirlsrecording.com/images/christmas.jpg
Epic.
Originally Posted by shellshock
birthday/work steez...
Feliz cumple, mi vida. Cuando vamos a reunir?
Originally Posted by Yardsale
http://imbeasting.com/uploader/files/1/IMG_4342 - Version 2 copy.jpg
Sharp.
Originally Posted by JoelF
Definitely the best fit of that collab shirt so far. Much better than how Context shows it on their site.
Not that his photo is bad but I can't agree with this statement at all. The Context model shows it off with the casual cool the shirt deserves.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
raf simons polyamide blazer
raf simons shirt
superfine chocolate waxed denim
costume national shoes

photo-92.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads