• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

meanpeoplesuck

Reaction score
Noob question for you guys about the "finish" (is there a better word?) on cotton shirts; Is the finish on the second of these shirts suitable for casual wear like to college? This first one is obviously very casual, with all the creases etc: http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/635...5600vliv01.jpg But this second one has a far "dressier" finish. It looks much more like the finish I'd expect to see on a dress shirt. The material felt thinner to me and much smoother. http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7712/shirtb.png Is that type of finish fine for with jeans and sneakers or should it be kept more for going out?

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
..Finish? Dude, I hope you know the first one has creases because the company purposely wrinkled it like that. If you ironed it out, it'd look the same as the second one.

travo

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for slim-fitting cords? Looking to spend under $100.

Thanks in advance.

the_pole

Reaction score
does RRL still make the slim straight jean ??

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
@Travo: Look at Gap authentics (I have a pair myself for $20) or if you like skinny (+colored) try Uniqlo for 30-40. @Stylebart: The stitching is kinda awkward+I don't like the black sole. If you like that kind of styling, why not some Timberland Earthkeepers?

dudeonworth

Reaction score
i need help with sizing for common projects achilles low. should i size down (if so, how much) or go tts? (i wear us 7/uk 6 in nikes, us 6 in chucks). thanks in advance!

JasonHe

Reaction score
I've looked around so much, does anyone in Australia know how to get Clarks desert boots? I've been looking forever! I live in melbourne? If not any online stores that sell clarks and ship internationall?

dragonxking

Reaction score
Looking for a basic grey crewneck sweatshirt with the classic "v" stitch under the collar, that is under $100, and doesn't fit like a balloon. Any help very much so appreciated.

Also looking for selvedge fabric (chambray, oxford) dealers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads