• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_gnarly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chessman305
I would like a nice pair of boots or chukkas for this fall/winter. I'm tall (6 3), and would really like a pair that don't make me look like some monster. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I am 6'3 as well. I wear clarks desert boots, they are pretty slim and don't make me look clownish(at least i dont think so).

toledo27

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I moved to Europe and I thought about getting some Cheap Mondays, so, knowing that I currently use 29/32 levi's 511 (a bit loose on me) in what size should I get CM Tight? I was thinking 28/32 but I'm afraid it would be 'ball-crushing' (I can't actually try them on, since the country I'm in doesn't have physical stores selling CM's).

Thanks.

van_hammersly

Reaction score
i'm looking for knits like cardigans and v-neck sweaters. Is wool generally regarded as "better" when it comes to this stuff? I've got some regular 100% cotton v-necks from H&M and I actually prefer how they look and feel, plus I can just machine wash em. It seems like the higher-end knitwear is all wool so I was wondering if people see cotton as just a cheaper alternative, or what?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this has been asked already but I can't seem to find it: When measuring shirts and stuff, there is always that extra piece of cloth after the side seam when it is laying flat. Doing a pit to pit measurement, do I measure the extra cloth or stop at the seams?

mistewacko

Reaction score
I'll be traveling in Italy and France and need comfortable black oxford type shoes for my wide feet. Any suggestions? For reference, I wear Campers when I need to walk for hours.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
I know this has been asked already but I can't seem to find it: When measuring shirts and stuff, there is always that extra piece of cloth after the side seam when it is laying flat. Doing a pit to pit measurement, do I measure the extra cloth or stop at the seams?
Measure all the material. After all, it all goes around your body, regardless of the seams.

Porkkana

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AGPi
Does anyone know of online stockists of Sophnet?

The Glade has something. Sophnet is one of those brands that just seem way overpriced to me. Could be it's like the Porter bags though, relatively affordable in Japan but hugely expensive everywhere else.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
while i was on vacation in england visiting my grandma i picked up a henley from topman, and i really dig it. thin fabric is awesome here in california, as its goddamn hot all the time.

kinda wish i'd grabbed a couple more, they were cheap.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which place has longer sweaters (staples)? I am 6'3" and a 36.

Are uniqlo sweaters longer? Jcrew?

onlinematt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by youalreadyknow
topman

Originally Posted by max_r
while i was on vacation in england visiting my grandma i picked up a henley from topman, and i really dig it. thin fabric is awesome here in california, as its goddamn hot all the time.

kinda wish i'd grabbed a couple more, they were cheap.

Thanks guyssss. Might hit it up tomorrow at lunch. Gotta love NYC

nohomo

Reaction score
What kind of shirt (color/pattern) can I wear with this tie?

images%5Feiec%5F18%5F18682%5F18682%5FNW6853%5Ftif%5Fa5240ba6591818c7.jpg

Westbound

Reaction score
Before applying Sno Seal to your boots, for what amount of time are you suppose to blow dry them? I know they'll be warm within seconds, but how long does it take for the pours to really open up?

Also, how many applications? I've heard that you're to apply until, "the leather will no longer absorb the product." Is there any truth to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads