• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjnv
By Gap, you mean Mac right? How does that make BoO a mall brand? In the second ad, the Mac guy looks like Neo.

****, mac guy. Dunno, i think those boo shirts look horrible on him.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjnv
I can't really tell, looks mediocre to me. Then again, how can they even tell it's BoO?

I'm mostly taking blackbirds word

alorable

Reaction score
My roommate is trying to pawn a pair of CP to me since he's not having too much luck on ebay. I'm not too familar with them, as I am a noob, but I rather like the minimalist approach. I tend to dress in dark, gray, and navy (filippa-kish/acne). I'm feeling the patent blacks and brown training boots because they seem in between casual and formal (i.e. opening ceremony/clark desert boots). Any thoughts?
2_1.jpg
or
3_6.jpg
Here's my sneaker collection (though too logoed out im0)
Training_Boot_Brown.jpg
PUMA_Esito.jpg
image.jpg

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have the kind of wardrobe where you could pull off either of those then I'd go for silver. I could never imagine myself wearing either pair under any circumstances though, so take that with a grain of salt.

Quick question- Zipper fly vs. button fly? Is the button fly just more classic and thought more highly of? I'm waiting on my first pair of raw denim (RRDS) and while trying them on first at a B&M store, I was deciding between a 31 and a 32. The point was moot when I realized that if I wore the 31s out and had to go to the bathroom, I'd have to ask for help buttoning the fly.
frown.gif
(Yes I know they will expand, but the 31s were just painfully tight, and TBH the 32s were tight enough to make the buttoning a chore anyway.) Is a button fly on raw denim blasphemy, or do some come that way? I've only tried the Nudies.

shade449

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHunter
My original question is in the quote above.

What's the waist shrinkage like on the RRDS? I almost always soak them for an hour to get some shrinkage out of the way before I get them hemmed and to get rid of some of the starch.If I get a size 30 and I soak them, will they be entirely too small?

I think I'm going to try to find a size 31 because a size 30 would be barely bottonable before I even shrank them. Is this the best route to go?

Lastly, since Denim Bar doesn't have a 31 in stock, where can I exchange these Nudies? They're brand new, still tags on them and all. Are there any stores out there that will exchange these for me even though I bought them somewhere else.

Thanks for any help!

Pretty sure that Nudies are sanforized so these should barely shrink if they shrink at all. As for which size you get, it depends on how you want them to fit. If you want them to fit pretty slim, you might want to consider a different fit though.

Originally Posted by Caveat
If you have the kind of wardrobe where you could pull off either of those then I'd go for silver. I could never imagine myself wearing either pair under any circumstances though, so take that with a grain of salt.

Quick question- Zipper fly vs. button fly? Is the button fly just more classic and thought more highly of? I'm waiting on my first pair of raw denim (RRDS) and while trying them on first at a B&M store, I was deciding between a 31 and a 32. The point was moot when I realized that if I wore the 31s out and had to go to the bathroom, I'd have to ask for help buttoning the fly.
frown.gif
(Yes I know they will expand, but the 31s were just painfully tight, and TBH the 32s were tight enough to make the buttoning a chore anyway.) Is a button fly on raw denim blasphemy, or do some come that way? I've only tried the Nudies.

Most of the jeans I have are button fly. The only exception is my coated Thin Finns. Not entirely sure what you're asking - are you asking if you should get the Nudies because they do/don't have a button fly? I wouldn't let it affect your decision if I were you, I slightly prefer button flys but it's not something I actively seek.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shade449
Most of the jeans I have are button fly. The only exception is my coated Thin Finns. Not entirely sure what you're asking - are you asking if you should get the Nudies because they do/don't have a button fly? I wouldn't let it affect your decision if I were you, I slightly prefer button flys but it's not something I actively seek.

I was asking if zippers were looked down upon for some reason such as durability, or just making the jeans less authentic in general. It just seems difficult to button raw jeans since we buy them tight-fitting to start with and I wondered if there was a reason they aren't typically zippered, which would make things easier. Maybe I just have thimble fingers.

Hummingbird

Reaction score
Blue and green is simply a meme, and isn't a hard rule. I posted that because the person in question had chosen shades of blue and green poorly. It all boils down to how the colors go together - which is often an instinctive reflex. As for the belt? I'd stick to black and burgundy, though look at some of GetSmart's fit pics for better ideas, as he usually wears belts with his burgundy(cherry) Red Wings.
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
From WAYWT topic, can one really not wear blue and green? What about dark blue jeans and olive green shirts? I'm not very good with uh, 'exceptions' so, for example, I don't wear black and brown together anywhere on my body unless it's just a button on a shirt or something. I try to not wear multiple blacks, but black and greys... and I thought navy and blue jeans could be ok, but definitely not navy and black, but black and blue jeans is ok. But blue and green bad I am not familiar with. I'm also confused about what color belt to wear with burgundy shoes. More specifically, burgundy GT's. Given that burgundy GT's have a khaki / light tan and black sole, I figured black, brown, and burgundy belts must all be a go. Any tips?

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alorable
My roommate is trying to pawn a pair of CP to me since he's not having too much luck on ebay. I'm not too familar with them, as I am a noob, but I rather like the minimalist approach. I tend to dress in dark, gray, and navy (filippa-kish/acne). I'm feeling the patent blacks and brown training boots because they seem in between casual and formal (i.e. opening ceremony/clark desert boots). Any thoughts?

image.jpg

what company is this?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dumb question, but would you rather have a mjk chino or an incotex chino. I know the incotex costs much more, but the mjk ones seem thicker and better constructed, but what do i know.

Fyasko

Reaction score
With rolled up pant hems, it's said to be a "<insert name>" look?

I was wondering the name of the person whom I guess made it fashionable to do this.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
dumb question, but would you rather have a mjk chino or an incotex chino. I know the incotex costs much more, but the mjk ones seem thicker and better constructed, but what do i know.
I got a good deal on some incotex back when it was going for pennies and pre-MJK chinos. I think I would have prefered to buy MJK over some soulless, nameless chinos given the chance originally.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sorta an odd question but what shirts do you guys wear under your short style button ups like Boo for example. I usually just throw on an AA vneck but lately I'm not feeling how the undershirts peak out especially around the sides where the Boo shirts cut up. I'm not down to wear wife beaters though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads