• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamm23

Reaction score
Im looking to get another pair of jeans that fit similar to an Earnest Sewn Fulton Line Dry (sz 33). Any recommendations to similar fits in raw or one wash? I'd like to stay around $200. Im thinking maybe some 5eps or Acnes

sarcastoc

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh, I went to Barneys in Chicago for no reason
frown.gif
They carry APC NS but I asked and the smallest size they have is 31 Anyone know any online sites with APC NS 27x32 or 28x32? EDIT: Should I just go for Nudie Slim Jims?

hamm23

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sarcastoc
Ahhhhhh, I went to Barneys in Chicago for no reason
frown.gif

They carry APC NS but I asked and the smallest size they have is 31

Anyone know any online sites with APC NS 27x32 or 28x32?

How much did they want for the 31? Im looking for a 31 or 32

sarcastoc

Reaction score
Well that was my last choice. I guess I'm being a little cheap by asking for another site because some other sites give discounts or free shipping.
Well, I guess I'll buy from the main site if there isn't any other site.

djs488

Reaction score
This is more a men's clothing question, but they don't have a question thread. I bought a Calvin Klein black velvet blazer for going out for $80 (retail was $365), which I thought was a pretty good deal. Unfortunately, it runs a tad big. Really, it needs to be taking in, maybe even a tad in the shoulders. I can still return it. Question is, is it cheaper to have alterations done, or should I buy one that fits better right off the rack? Basically I'm asking, how much do typical alterations like these cost? Also, would any respectable tailor laugh if I offered them a CK velvet blazer? Thanks.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djs488
This is more a men's clothing question, but they don't have a question thread. I bought a Calvin Klein black velvet blazer for going out for $80 (retail was $365), which I thought was a pretty good deal. Unfortunately, it runs a tad big. Really, it needs to be taking in, maybe even a tad in the shoulders. I can still return it. Question is, is it cheaper to have alterations done, or should I buy one that fits better right off the rack? Basically I'm asking, how much do typical alterations like these cost? Also, would any respectable tailor laugh if I offered them a CK velvet blazer? Thanks.
Return it and find one that fits properly in the shoulders. Shoulder work is expensive and it would have cost you more than what you paid for the coat.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djs488
how much are we talking here? also, what about just taking in the waist?
Suppressing the waist area is cheap, most likely between $20-40 usually. Shoulder work is significantly more expensive because it's time consuming. Based on my experiences, you'd be looking at around $100 to start for getting the job done decently - if anyone gives you a quote that's much less than that, I'd be skeptical on the quality of their work (assuming you're in the U.S. of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads