• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

this_is_james

Reaction score
thanks! i think i'll go for the converse made for chucks ones. i'm visiting a friend in nyc. where can i get it there?

DjABB

Reaction score
Are batwing hoodies okay? ever? I sort of want one but don't want to look like a tool
eh.gif

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned
Would ask this in the Men's Wear section, but they don't have a thread like this and I didn't want to start a new one..

Anyway, I have to go to a wedding in 5 weeks and I need a suit to wear but I'm on a massive budget, and even if I wasn't, I've been losing a lot of weight lately so I don't want to invest in an expensive suit when it probably won't fit me properly a month from now. So this being said, I'd like to get a suit for the wedding for $150-$200 tops... which basically leaves me with H&M suits, unless someone has other suggestions.

My other option is I have an H&M blazer that I bought last year for like $30 and it's a 38RR and I need either a 34RR or a 36RR so I could probably get it tailored? Don't think it's worth getting something I got for $30 tailored though.

So I guess basically what I'm asking is a) Any alternatives to H&M suits in my price range, and b) Anyone know of a good tailor in Edmonton?

My first thought was "thrift a suit and have it tailored." I don't like the idea of dropping almost $200 on a suit just for a wedding (which may not fit in the future since you're changing weights).

Alternatively, get the H&M blazer tailored. Seems like a cheaper option to me, even if the blazer cost $30.

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 11'' drop between coat and pant size (44R and 33'')...would it be better to go bespoke than try my hand at an OTR suit? For a while I wanted RLBL, but I'm wondering if Thick as Thieves is a better option. What are the downsides of owning TaT over RLBL? I can't think of any...cheaper, measured better, both are fully canvassed...can anyone provide an objective comparison?

also, are these real? http://cgi.ebay.com/New-RAY-BAN-Avi...66:2|39:1|72:1205|240:1307|301:1|293:1|294:50

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I kind of want some black coated jeans. Recommend me some.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
I hate to say it, but I kind of want some black coated jeans. Recommend me some.

Im looking at the 3sixteen black coated jeans now.

8bpc

Reaction score
If you don't mind Nudie take a look at the Thin Finn coated or the Slim Jim coated. I like my TFDBC.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted these too until I realized that they attract dust like none other. It's not really visible from a distance, but I'm just too OCD to put up with seeing little white specks all over my lap. I went through two pairs (Nudie SJDBC, Blackbird Sunset Hotel) before coming to terms with the fact that they just aren't for me. Too bad, because I really like the idea of waxed/coated jeans
frown.gif

andychen

Reaction score
what do you guys think of green casual shirt, I like green color and am looking for some really casual shirt. I found this picture on the web as an example.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I have sort of put off getting a shirt for my wedding. I am a horrible procrastinator... SO, I need a white shirt a good white shirt. I have crappy button down and point collared shirts but was wondering if any of you guys knew of a well made, good fitting (dare I say 'BoO-esque') oxford shirt w/ a club collar that can be had for 50-75$?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I have sort of put off getting a shirt for my wedding. I am a horrible procrastinator... SO, I need a white shirt a good white shirt. I have crappy button down and point collared shirts but was wondering if any of you guys knew of a well made, good fitting (dare I say 'BoO-esque') oxford shirt w/ a club collar that can be had for 50-75$?

Do you have time to find something nice that fits in the neck and shoulder at nordstrom rack/saks off 5th and then get the body tailored in?

I know that getting it tailored is pretty standard fare advice around here (and yet, I still havnt managed to find someone to do it for me in chicago for cheap...the dry cleaner/alterations next door to me simply asked why I dont buy shirts that fit when I asked about taking one in) but paying $30-40 for a nice shirt and $10-15 to get the sides taken in seems to work in your budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members