• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaPo

Reaction score
I haven't had the same experience as you two, clearly. It's common knowledge that there are discrepancies in fit between two articles of the same size in AA, so it's feasible that's the case. I am extremely aware of how my own sleeves 'balloon' out so perhaps you don't even have the same standards. Only place I've ever bought an American Apparel tee is at the store in the UK. + It was £13 ($19). Yes, I warm-washed and tumble-dried it. That isn't the issue, though. My Gap t-shirts fit me better. If worker welfare meant so much to you anyway, buddy, you wouldn't be shopping at AA either.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the fit of this white BoO? It is smaller than my other BoO shirts but I think the fit is good...my girlfriend thinks its too tight.. I normally wear a size Small and this is a size small. Another member commented on how this cloth was thicker but I decided what the hell, it wasnt like the other size smalls were tight..
24ni9l0.jpg
1xze5f.jpg

JaPo

Reaction score
Sleeves are too short for a dress shirt but I'd wear it in day-to-day circumstances. Rest looks decent. Is it long enough on the sides to tuck in?

What are you, uh, intending to wear with it?

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh the sleeve length is fine. I didnt pull it down, notice the bunching in the arms a bit. Was in a hurry...

Im just intending to wear it casually. It is long enough to tuck in, I am 5'9 148.

-edit

Just swapped out again so the sleeves dont look so short.

JaPo

Reaction score
Sorry, poor thinking there from me.

Looks perfect to me actually mate. I prefer white shirts without a pocket but that's your preference.

Nice.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi. I need help finding some shirts that fit slim, shirts with 20" to 21" pit to pit measurements for their size medium . I can't really wear a size small because I am 6'1" and the sleeves will be too short. I searched the forum and there are a bunch of slim fit shirt threads, but none really give the rough measurements of sizing.

I have tried on quite a few of the brands listed in these threads and noticed most of the shirts have p2p measurements of 22". I bought a Steven Alan shirt off Gilt hoping it'd fit me based off feedback on here, but it didn't. I thought it'd be slimmer than H&M but it was only about the same with roughly a 22" p2p measurement.

I am about 165 to 170 lbs if that helps. I don't know what the forum thinks of the brand, but I have found that French Connection fits me well. It's kind of hard to find their clothing in the US though.

Can anyone list some brands that have p2p measurements in this range? I don't want to spend more than $150 per shirt so BoO is out of my price range. I'm going to try out Shades of Greige as I've found measurements and its in my range. Diesel should also fit but I don't think people like their collared shirts on here. How is Filippa K's sizing? Any help would be appreciated.

premo

Reaction score
She says she's wearing a white dress. I pick a shark blue suit, white dress shirt, blue/white pattern tie. Now she says she wears black.

What do I do?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the quality of past shipley and halmos collections? I liked everything I got from this season, will past be the same?

constantine.

Reaction score
do APC corduroys stretch like a mofo? the ones i am looking at are 96 percent cotton 4 percent elasthane. any idea how to size these? thanks.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Anything with stretch material in it (like elastane) will to stretch far less (permanently, that is) than 100% cotton, if at all. Do not size down, unless it's to compensate for vanity sizing.

Kill_switch

Reaction score
well i've been looking at BoO lately and find their shirts to be ******* amazing in fit but way out of my price range so i was wondering what are some well fitting shirts maybe of less quality for lower price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads