• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

OFFICIAL THREAD: General Cookery and Discussion

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A quick recap. Everyone agrees Kerrygold butter is fine. @jcman311 asserted Kerrygold cheese was plebby. Much confusion ensued. @jcman311 is bad and he should feel bad.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
And somehow I'm accused of going CPO. :mad:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Made both Barbacoa and crispy pork belly for tacos, had them perfectly ready on time...only for the other couple to arrive >1 hour late

Nobilis Animus

Reaction score
How can anyone watch the hero of that film (Col. Quaritch, btw) and not drink scotch?

Lizard23

Reaction score
Pio inspired me to do a blue cheese tasting last night. Picked up rogue river, bayley hazen, point reyes, shropshire, stichelton, and cabrales.

Pio was right. Shropshire won. And it wasnt close.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pio inspired me to do a blue cheese tasting last night. Picked up rogue river, bayley hazen, point reyes, shropshire, stichelton, and cabrales.

Pio was right. Shropshire won. And it wasnt close.
You should try this. Its amazing.
In a typical blue, the pierce holes introduce air that allows the desirable mold to proliferate within the cheese. By pressing it, Chris halts the process, developing a distinct but subtle bluing that hints at piquancy without punching you in the face. The cheese that develops is earthy and Cheddary in texture, with a sharpness that one would expect from this combination

Lizard23

Reaction score
You should try this. Its amazing.
That does sound amazing... that and some pate and bourbon would make a perfect friday night dinner. Next time.

what carb are you using to serve with your cheese?

I like carrs water crackers but have to admit that I also am very fond of triscuits. Bread is obviously good too, but it takes up stomach space i would rather reserve for more cheese.

i must admit that one of my favorite sandwiches is gorgonzola dolce with pears and honey.

i also love effie’s oatcakes on a cheese board but more as an accompaniment rather than something on which to put my cheese.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's