• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it...

I never would have thought they'd jettison his Spidey sense, especially as both Spider-Men were shown to have it, but could still be clumsy starting out, in the comics. It was also interesting whenever they took it away and he had to learn to be great without it.

I'm really curious to find out what's up with Ganke being in the film.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Infinity War Trailer @D23

We’ll learn more about Thor and the Hulk in Thor: Ragnarok, but the Infinity War trailer opened with the Asgardian being flung against the windshield of the Milano, the ship commanded by Star-Lord (Chris Pratt) from Guardians of the Galaxy. “Get it off!” shouts Rocket (voiced by Bradley Cooper), as though a particularly ugly bug had been smushed there.

Mantis (Pom Klementieff) brings Thor back to life, and he promptly greets out Guardians with an unfriendly, “Who the hell are you?” (To be fair, Star-Lord had just told his fellow Guardians, “This might be dangerous, so let’s put on our mean faces.”) It then seems like Thor joins forces with the Guardians to guide them to Earth, where we see the following things go down, in quick succession:

Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) seems to cut a flaming car in half. It looks like her beau Vision (Paul Bethany) might be trapped nearby, and to judge from their faces, something sad and bad is going down.

“Death follows him like a shadow,” we hear, as Josh Brolin’s ultimate villain Thanos is teased.

Suddenly, Tom Hiddleston’s Loki appears, cutting through flaming wreckage to grab the Tesseract, which holds one of the Infinity Stones. Is this what Scarlet Witch and Vision were trying to prevent?

Next, there’s a glimpse of Tom Holland’s Peter Parker on his school bus. The hair on his arms stands up. How’s that for some trouble-activated spider-sense?

“He’s come to us,” someone says, as some alien ships crash land on a wrecked Earth. A worried Mantis stands with Iron Man, Thor, Doctor Strange, the Hulk, and the other heroes as the aircrafts approach.

“This does put a smile on my face,” intones Thanos, as Gamora (Zoe Saldana) takes in the wreckage of the room kept by the Collector (Benicio del Toro). More Infinity Stones pillaged.

And that’s when Thanos walks through a portal onto Earth — big and hulking and boasting a ****-eating grin. Star-Lord and Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) leap into action, harnessing magic and airborne stepping stones. Even Spider-Man swings into action, wearing a cool new suit … perhaps the one teased at the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming?

Briefly, we see Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), who’s blond now, and Captain America, who’s bearded. Listen, I know the fate of the universe is at stake, but don’t we all feel a little refreshed after spending valuable time on an undercover makeover? Talk to Wonder Woman about that, she knows what’s up.

In the final moments, things get truly heightened. Thanos grabs Thor’s head in his meaty paw and regards it like a grape he’s about to smush. Maybe he saw that scary black-and-white episode of Twin Peaks and wants to practice storming radio stations and breaking open heads?

“You can run from it,” growls Thanos, “but your destiny still arrives.” And then he holds up one hand and seemingly destroys a planet far away in the sky — or, if this scene is taking place on Earth, our freaking moon — and heaves the remains of it at our Avengers in a single shot.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Black Order

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone read Hickman's New Avengers/Time Runs Out books?

I've almost finished it, and am sort of shaking my head in disbelief. It's just so good. I've never seen plotting like this in comics; the stakes feel real; the characterization is just amazing; and the scope -- he incorporates like, everything in the Marvel universe in ways that don't feel hasty, arbitrary, or incompatible, the way they usually do. Literary elements abound (such great use of themes and motifs), the dialogue is subtle and excellent without being flashy. And the way some scenes are framed even surpass those HBO shows that seem to grab all the Emmys.

It's even more astounding when you consider the time constraints of the medium.

It's the first of his work I've read. I see he's done a lot of indie work, too...hopefully everything he's done is on the same level.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF is this crap? The next Dr Who is going to be a woman.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought they regularly changed doctors? :puzzled:
Since the series reboot I think the actors have been infected by the George Reeves syndrome IMHO.

I mean what next a female James Bond?

Mind you Mrs GF approves.:brick:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I don't see a problem as Doctor Who is an alien who changes bodies from time to time...

Seems like they would have done this by now, tbh.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I don't see a problem as Doctor Who is an alien who changes bodies from time to time...

Seems like they would have done this by now, tbh.
The end of Western Civilisation if you ask me.:tinfoil:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, it's Doctor Who. The character is part of an alien race that regenerates bodies upon "death" and becomes a new person. The concept at its core lends itself to the role being taken over by either gender and any race. It's only traditionalists who have kept it from happening by now. Even the show's co-creator, Sydney Newman, wanted the BBC to cast a female as far back as 1986.

Only way this is even remotely comparable to making James Bond a female is if you are part of the fanbase for the franchise that believes "James Bond" is a codename given to any given agent who takes the role at the time. I always liked that concept as it explains why there has been so many different Bonds, but I believe they tried to make in cannon in one of the recent Craig films that Bond was his real last name.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads