• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Didn't they blow up a whole planet in Star Wars? Then the Death Star which probably had hundreds of thousands of people in it. Do any of the prequels have a death toll like that? It's not like anybody was worried about all the dead clones and smashed robots.

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Didn't they blow up a whole planet in Star Wars? Then the Death Star which probably had hundreds of thousands of people in it. Do any of the prequels have a death toll like that? It's not like anybody was worried about all the dead clones and robots.

Yes, the Empire blew up Alderann, a non-military target. Which made them the bad guys. Now we are supposed to root for the guys who militarize the galaxy and murder millions of "clones"? Clones aren't people? These are the same guys who created and used the clone army to start with. Disposable people. Great.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alderaan was a "non military" target? I always thought Tarkin was just humoring Leia when he said that. Isn't it where she was going with the stolen plans, the planet whose diplomatic flag she was flying under on her spy mission? I note that her ship was armed and loaded down with soldiers, which sort of belies her claim that the planet had no weapons.

Nobody likes blowing up planets, or weddings or Japanese cities or sowing salt, but doing it doesn't necessarily make you the bad guys.

Last edited:

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now seems like a good time to point out what a cold-blooded, perfidious murderer Leia is. The very first time we see her, long after the fight is hopeless, she's cornered by stormtroopers who loudly announce their intent to stun her... and she takes the opportunity to murder one of them with a real gun. Then in Return of the Jedi she strangles Jabba even though he's not physically a danger. By the end of the movie she's obviously figured out that imperials aren't allowed to kill her, as she repeatedly feigns surrender only to open fire on them again when the opportunity presents itself.

I assume we're going to learn in the new movie that she's leading some "resistance" because she was indicted for war crimes.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Leia said it, Tarkin said it. You're just inventing things out of thin air.

Yes, blowing up planets makes you a bad guy.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Now seems like a good time to point out what a cold-blooded, perfidious murderer Leia is. The very first time we see her, long after the fight is hopeless, she's cornered by stormtroopers who loudly announce their intent to stun her... and she takes the opportunity to murder one of them with a real gun. Then in Return of the Jedi she strangles Jabba even though he's not physically a danger. By the end of the movie she's obviously figured out that imperials aren't allowed to kill her, as she repeatedly feigns surrender only to open fire on them again when the opportunity presents itself.

I assume we're going to learn in the new movie that she's leading some "resistance" because she was indicted for war crimes.

Nazis are coming to capture you, resistance is not immoral. You are chained by an evil slug, resistance is not immoral. She committed no war crimes as recognized on this planet, or any other to my knowledge.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Leia said it, Tarkin said it. You're just inventing things out of thin air.

Other than everything else she says in the scene being a lie, you mean, plus the whole opening scene where her ship from the planet with "no weapons" is shown to be covered with guns and full of troops.

And raising your hands and then immediately shooting your would be captor is a war crime everywhere and always has been.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The ship was headed to Alderaan, it wasn't an Alderaan ship. Even if it were, blasters are hardly a "weapon" when compared to a Star Destroyer. Are you suggesting we all have weapons in our kitchens because we have butter knives in them? That's the view England takes, and it's ******* stupid.

I don't remember Leia putting her hands up and indicating she was surrendering, when was that?

I'm not here to defend the Rebels. They are equally guilty of committing mass atrocities and destroying civilizations. But these attacks on Leia's character are nonsense. This is Russia vs. Daesh - both ******* evil corrupt regimes.

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And they're both bigoted as ****. In a galaxy with probably hundreds of intelligent, advanced species, humans are always in charge. Seems sketchy.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey, is there a new Star Wars movie coming out? I think I might have seen an ad or something. What's the deal?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey, is there a new Star Wars movie coming out? I think I might have seen an ad or something. What's the deal?

It looks like ****. Enjoy paying a double sawbuck to the Mouse, I see nothing I want any part of in the trailers.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
****. That bad? Is it staring Jar Jar or something?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not you, the Disney Mouse.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As much as I'd enjoy a double sawbuck that was clear brah.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads