• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My son's verdict on the so-called 'finale' of Bad Batch season 1: "disappointing." We had all kinds of ideas for where this series could be going, and none of them materialized. What did was a bit dour and downbeat. We both hope season 2 is an improvement.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My son's verdict on the so-called 'finale' of Bad Batch season 1: "disappointing." We had all kinds of ideas for where this series could be going, and none of them materialized. What did was a bit dour and downbeat. We both hope season 2 is an improvement.

Curious why you say “so-called ‘finale’” ? It was clearly the season one finale wether or not you cared for it.

Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion. But I certainly liked how season one ended. Not sure where they are headed with the story, or how many seasons are mapped out, but this seems fulfilling (not uplifting) to me. Crosshair is given the opportunity to return to the squad yet decideds (apparently on his own and without any chip interference) to stay aligned to the empire. Nala Se is in imperial captivity, presumably to continue clone work for the empire (Grogu? Snoke? The Emporer?) Kamino is destroyed. It all felt very “Empire Strikes Back” to me and has me very much looking forward to season 2.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious why you say “so-called ‘finale’” ? It was clearly the season one finale wether or not you cared for it.

Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion. But I certainly liked how season one ended. Not sure where they are headed with the story, or how many seasons are mapped out, but this seems fulfilling (not uplifting) to me. Crosshair is given the opportunity to return to the squad yet decideds (apparently on his own and without any chip interference) to stay aligned to the empire. Nala Se is in imperial captivity, presumably to continue clone work for the empire (Grogu? Snoke? The Emporer?) Kamino is destroyed. It all felt very “Empire Strikes Back” to me and has me very much looking forward to season 2.

You're arguing indirectly with my 11-year old son, if that makes you happy. But even he doesn't need to be patronised. 'bye.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're arguing indirectly with my 11-year old son, if that makes you happy. But even he doesn't need to be patronised. 'bye.

Not arguing with you or directly or indirectly with your son. I even stated that everyone is entitled to their opinion (both you and your son). Opinions are all valid.

Because I have a different opinion than you two doesn’t mean I’m arguing with either of you. I was actually trying to start a conversation about the finale.

What are things you didn’t like? Were there things you did like? What do you hope to see in season two?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Disney Plus shows seem to have such a strong sense of what made the Star Wars universe so appealing. Hard to figure how Disney missed it so badly with the sequels.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point, I think it comes down to the less Skywalker family, the better. Though I'm also starting to think the less Jedi/Sith, the better.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't say I can tell very much from that trailer though. It looks more like The Mandalorian, but without the things that made The Mandalorian good. We'll see.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm all about low stakes Star Wars content. Bounty hunters and other scumbags farting around the galactic underworld? Sure!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads