• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

super1flavor

Reaction score
Were you in the clearance section?

For some reason when I left the clearance section, prices seemed different.
Yes. I was on the Barney's warehouse site and also browsed their "clearance" section. None of the items you speak of were in there and now that I think of it, there were a few items I previously viewed that weren't on the site at all. I find it highly unlikely that, for example, the black Zanone polo I was eyeing and available in 48,50,52,54 and appeared to have multiple in certain sizes, sold out in one day after being on the site for 6 months. There was also an Aspesi shirt that wasn't on the site last week, but today it's there, back at full price (well, full price for the warehouse site).

newinny

Reaction score

I'm a bit bugged by the fellow that states he picked up a Zanone polo for $27.00. That's impossible! That is one of the items (they had many Zanone items on the warehouse site) I had been eyeing, but with prices of $125 so 30% off and 40% and even 50% off would have made them $60-$70, which is already ridiculously low. To purchase one for $27.00 would mean that it was 90% off. Don't know about that. Something is not adding up. Barney's is a bit of a joke anyway, so I am not surprised by their poor handling of things. 

Not all their polos were in the "clearance" section. Only blue & black.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I recall the prices in clearance showed the initial savings 30 -50% off or whatever it was then had a 75% additional savings. That price wasn't shown until you put it in the cart. Not sure if this helps

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am massively confused by the action of Barney's. I've been eyeing various items on the warehouse site and for whatever reason, I do not receive emails about updated sales. I've signed up several times. Furthermore, I was on the site last week and now today and see nothing of the sale people are speaking about on here. Very strange. I'm a bit bugged by the fellow that states he picked up a Zanone polo for $27.00. That's impossible! That is one of the items (they had many Zanone items on the warehouse site) I had been eyeing, but with prices of $125 so 30% off and 40% and even 50% off would have made them $60-$70, which is already ridiculously low. To purchase one for $27.00 would mean that it was 90% off. Don't know about that. Something is not adding up. Barney's is a bit of a joke anyway, so I am not surprised by their poor handling of things.

The Eastdane sale was pretty interesting. They also carry a few good brands like Herno and Zanone. You can get JBrand jeans for $60.00, which is a steal. Yoox has been great recently. Had a good year with some Yoox buys so far. Got a Dunhill wallet (with the Dunhill box and all) for $50.00.

Still aggravated by the whole Barney's New York thing, that I am reading on here. Grumble grumble grumble....

You really didn't miss anything depending on your tastes. I was in very early and simply passed on it all. Very few one-offs like leather gloves. Brics luggage I guess, but I'd rather just get something nicer and pay more.

super1flavor

Reaction score
If I recall the prices in clearance showed the initial savings 30 -50% off or whatever it was then had a 75% additional savings. That price wasn't shown until you put it in the cart. Not sure if this helps
That actually does and makes sense. It's really no big deal about the sale. It was just very unclear and poorly done in my opinion on the part of Barney's, which really isn't terribly surprising. Thanks.

super1flavor

Reaction score
You really didn't miss anything depending on your tastes. I was in very early and simply passed on it all. Very few one-offs like leather gloves. Brics luggage I guess, but I'd rather just get something nicer and pay more.
Exactly. I read comments from people that bought 10 and 20 items among 2 and 3 orders and I just didn't understand how that was possible since there isn't that much merchandise on the warehouse site to begin with. I was very confused initially, but after the recent batch of comments, much has been cleared up.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like there should be a thread where people can post OP-ED's about the emotional and psychological impact the Barney's warehouse sale had on them.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads