• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

prurient

Reaction score
If there's a code, it's posted already. If you don't see it, if you don't see people chatting about what they're insta-kopping, then there isn't a code. It's that simple. It's weird to come here every day and only see 1 relevant new post and 20 "is there a code" posts. I want codes as much as the next guy, but seriously, try to be rational. People might finish their shopping session first when they have a code at hand, but then they'll post it here. It's how this thread works.

Last edited:

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Not blaming the retailers for trying to get as much as they can but it seems like the retail prices on many clothing items are ridiculous. They only become reasonably priced once they are discounted by 50% or more.

depends on the brands. Saying if W+H, SNS herning stuff, OK 50% off, worth it.
For designer brands 700$ tee, even at 70% off, not everyone can pull the trigger. The price is just ridiculous.

Stillmaticbeat

Reaction score
yeah i agree /w the posts above

its just i come on here to see if any good sales are goin on and these days...damn there have been MANY GOOD SALES

and someone asks for a code and gets flamed for the next 15 posts

it makes me laugh and i never said anything before but i just couldn't take it anymore

you know those same cats flaming are looking up every possible code, minus ronnel

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're missing the point. It's annoying sifting through pages of people asking for codes in a thread designed as a place to post codes/sales as they happen. If there's a code it will be posted, no need to ask for it.

Stillmaticbeat

Reaction score
thats not what i get upset about

its when someone gets flamed for wanting a code on top of a sale

codes which sometimes do exist

these people get flamed for asking because the sale is already 60, 70, 80% off

fundamentally thats wrong

if i got a code and something is 95% off and it'll get you to 99% off i got you artishard116
but thats because i'm a human being that understands money doesn't grow on trees and i care about you

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem is people don't understand that the corner NEVER has coupons (except for this black friday) and why would they most of their stuff is already 70%.

every time i see new posts i wonder whats on sale, then i open the thread and see people asking for the same non existent coupon i die a little inside.

On topic, H lorenzo has some nice leathers at 50% size 1-2.

Last edited:

brianoh

Reaction score

The problem is people don't understand that the corner NEVER has coupons (except for this black friday) and why would they most of their stuff is already 70%.
every time i see new posts i wonder whats on sale, then i open the thread and see people asking for the same non existent coupon i die a little inside.
On topic, H lorenzo has some nice leathers at 50% size 1-2.

If the you die a little bit on the inside for looking into an electronic forum thread about sales, involving nothing more than moving your index finger on your mouse for hand made clothing, #firstworldproblems.

Last edited:

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Have u guys noticed the the price of clothing inflated hugely over the past 3 years.

For example. Burberry garbadine classic trench, only 1195 3 years ago, and 50% is a good deal, but now the same jacket is like 1695 I think. Also, with Chanel, the classic bags almost tripled in the past 5 years. Now it's 4900 for a caviar classic bag jumbo size, not totally sure about 4900 price, but close enough.

jesuislepop

Reaction score
I think the time has maybe come initiate a 'Official Sales Alert thread (Discussion)' thread.
I've regularly checked and bookmarked this thread for obvious reasons, though I'm predominantly a lurker so perhaps my opinion is void.

This thread is becoming progressively less useful as a resource of pooled knowledge on current / upcoming sales. There's plenty of threads for discussion & if we need one for discussion of sales, that would be really easy to arrange. I do appreciate the occasional banter and relevant comments, but it really is now to the point that to find 'sales alerts' it involves scrolling through approximately two pages of discussion per 'alert'. As an example, note existential crisis this thread seems to currently be having (and I think I remember this same discussion around the July sales last year).

An 'Official Sales Alert thread (Discussion)' would just separate the discussion (to a place where it can easily continue) and leave the 'alerts' thread for 'alerts'.
Just an idea, maybe you can at least flame me over in the other thread as a start? :)

http://www.styleforum.net/t/283753/official-sales-alert-thread-discussion-of#post_5125569

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's annoying sifting through pages of people asking for codes in a thread designed as a place to post codes/sales as they happen. If there's a code it will be posted, no need to ask for it.

Agreed. If people searched the thread instead of just posting, they would see posted codes. Instead, there are twenty posts requesting yoox codes for every post with a code. The code request posts have gotten so predictable, too. A certain shop drops sales to 70%, and there are immediately five posts asking for codes to stack on top of it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics