• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I think the point is that stuff is already 70% off at places like The Corner and people still want codes. If you're buying something you want at 70% off then you're already getting a great deal. And if someone is out of work or in debt because the economy is shite then that extra 10% they might save isn't going to help them anyway, not to mention the fact that they probably shouldn't be buying luxury items if they're already broke. At a certain point asking for an extra discount just becomes silly.

brianoh

Reaction score

^I think the point is that stuff is already 70% off at places like The Corner and people still want codes. If you're buying something you want at 70% off then you're already getting a great deal. And if someone is out of work or in debt because the economy is shite then that extra 10% they might save isn't going to help them anyway, not to mention the fact that they probably shouldn't be buying luxury items if they're already broke. At a certain point asking for an extra discount just becomes silly.

Agreed. Then again, I refuse to pay 50% off anymore and wait to 70% nowadays. I laugh at retailers that mark down to 30% max and then are puzzled when they have to close down because of the lack of revenue. The times, they are a changing.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

95% is weak, wait for -10%, I will accept no less than 10% of retail for the privilege of having me as a customer

damn i wish i was a spoke person for brands, then people pay me to wear their clothes :slayer:

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed. Then again, I refuse to pay 50% off anymore and wait to 70% nowadays. I laugh at retailers that mark down to 30% max and then are puzzled when they have to close down because of the lack of revenue. The times, they are a changing.

I think people were talking about this in the Random Fashion Thoughts thread (or was it a few pages back here?) You're definitely right; your expectations change when you see a bunch of places dropping prices 70-80%. Suddenly even 50% off doesn't seem like much of a deal, even if it is.

Xhale12

Reaction score
If something is on sale for 80% off, there is usually a reason for it. That being, its ugly ****.

Dont just buy garbage because its cheap.

Last edited:

brianoh

Reaction score
OT, but I'm thinking about putting a bid on a condo in Williamsburg. And on a related note, Wburg has the best value in all of NY IMO. They have the best bang for the buck, whether it comes to drinks or food; a quality I want in my apparel as well. We may become neighbors!

brianoh

Reaction score

If something is on sale for 80% off, there is usually a reason for it. That being, its ugly ****.

Dont just buy garbage because its cheap.

That isn't necessarily true. I kopped 2 BoO shirts (an oxford and a flannel) for 70% off at OC B&M last week.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And on a related note, Wburg is pretty trashy...

Stillmaticbeat

Reaction score

ok first...ive read all the flaming on this thread especially for people asking for codes and whatnot

but honestly, it doesn't bother me

because say something at the corner is 60% off. if there IS a code available for another 15% off why wouldn't you use it. and why wouldnt you ask people on the forum if they'd be nice enough to share that information with you.

if you're so baller that you can just throw away 15% like that good for you.

WHO CARES IF ITS ALREADY 60% OFF, you can get 15% more.

GOOD FOR YOU MAN IF YOU BUY RETAIL

but if there is a code out there im stacking. and in my opinion and the opinion of 99% of americans. you'd be stupid not to.

I dont know if you're aware but we're in a recession. unemployment is high. retailers HAVE TO bump up their sales

1. because no one has money

2. because customers don't buy unless its discounted nowadays

you can flame me out all you want but when people ask for codes dude. thats just being wise. its not your business. its not your clothes. whats it to you

Stillmaticbeat

Reaction score
nothing against you brianoh

but im just highlighting most people will wait for a sale... saving money is common sense on something you are already going to buy

brianoh

Reaction score

ok first...ive read all the flaming on this thread especially for people asking for codes and whatnot
but honestly, it doesn't bother me
because say something at the corner is 60% off. if there IS a code available for another 15% off why wouldn't you use it. and why wouldnt you ask people on the forum if they'd be nice enough to share that information with you.
if you're so baller that you can just throw away 15% like that good for you.
WHO CARES IF ITS ALREADY 60% OFF, you can get 15% more.
GOOD FOR YOU MAN IF YOU BUY RETAIL
but if there is a code out there im stacking. and in my opinion and the opinion of 99% of americans. you'd be stupid not to.
I dont know if you're aware but we're in a recession. unemployment is high. retailers HAVE TO bump up their sales
1. because no one has money
2. because customers don't buy unless its discounted nowadays
you can flame me out all you want but when people ask for codes dude. thats just being wise. its not your business. its not your clothes. whats it to you

nothing against you brianoh
but im just highlighting most people will wait for a sale... saving money is common sense on something you are already going to buy

Yeah, that was odd, considering I said almost exactly what you said before your tirade. lol.

Nopike343

Reaction score
Not blaming the retailers for trying to get as much as they can but it seems like the retail prices on many clothing items are ridiculous. They only become reasonably priced once they are discounted by 50% or more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads