Official Sales Alert thread - sales, coupon and discount codes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Decent success with Modern Tailor for MTM but their collars just suck.

2. Razele

Razele Senior member

Best MTM shirting is cottonwork, measurements are EXACTLY what you order, they have thomas mason, they have mother of pearl (that isn't huge - they are useless)

Also, shirting is cheap, basic ones are like 60 US with cheap shipping, good packaging etc. Easily better then all the rest.

3. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

Best MTM shirting is cottonwork, measurements are EXACTLY what you order, they have thomas mason, they have mother of pearl (that isn't huge - they are useless)

Also, shirting is cheap, basic ones are like 60 US with cheap shipping, good packaging etc. Easily better then all the rest.

Which still brings it up to almost twice as much as the rugby shirts which I know already fit the way I want them to. all you MC nerds are obsessed with online made to measure but for the most part it's shit, and i've never seen anyone who actually looked good in anything other than TaT but even that is about 1 out of 10. and anyway I'm not looking for dress shirts, just casual shit to bum around in and wear to work.

4. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

i like my made to measure, fit me great.
    someone even made a comment the other day "wow, that's a fitted shirt!"

must be a difference.

5. Hot Dog Day #49

6. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

i like my made to measure, fit me great.
    someone even made a comment the other day "wow, that's a fitted shirt!"

must be a difference.

Hey blazing, where did you have your mtm done? Holt Renfrew? My friend got one during the $100/shirt sale but has yet to receive it.

7. Hot Dog Day #49

haha yeah made to measure shirts online sounds great. you get a shirt for 100 dollars, no guarantee of fit since they just send it to you and rely on your measurements, and then don't send it.

8. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

^^ I kinda have to agree. MTM companies never seem to do non-dressy oxfords well, only pinpoint oxfords and dress shirts.

Also, for all the "MTM is the way to go" talk I almost never see great looking MTM product. Most MTM shirts I see posted still look meh... I think it's b/c even if the MTM Co. doesn't screw something up (it seems MTM places often ignore the peoples requests and make baggier sleeves or arm holes) it may not look right as the proportions may be off. I'd rather get on OTR shirt made from a good pattern.

My thoughts exactly on all the MTM online fits I constantly see over in MC. Even when the shoulder and back seem ok the baggy sleeves and low armholes and excess fabric above the cuffs are still heinous. I'm lucky I can find OTR shirts that fit me worlds better than MTM fits over in MC.

MTM via the web/email is so hard to get right.

So true. The only way I would ever go MTM is by going direct to my tailor and getting that done in person through proper measurements and fittings and getting to see the product from the beggining to the end. F that online MTM with cheap fabrics and buttons nonesense.

9. Hot Dog Day #49

10. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

pardon if this has been posted.

got email from farfetch.com

Celebrate free returns with
    $50 off orders over $200

We're always trying to improve our service, which is why we've introduced a free returns collection service worldwide. To celebrate, we're offering you a $50 gift credit on orders of $200 or more. Simply shop online as normal and your gift credit will be deducted at the checkout. This is valid for use until Midnight 11th May.

11. Meis

Meis Senior member

it sounds kind of funny and backwards, but I think I'd be more inclined to do MTM (sort of) if I found an OTR shirt that was perfect... then I'd do something along the lines of cottonworks copy-a-shirt option, and do that over and over. Takes the guess work out of it. - Part of the problem with MTM is that if you don't have a perfect shirt to take measurements from its going to be hard to get things just right, because changing one measurement affects a whole host of others, ex - you change the shoulder measurement it's going to affect the sleeve length, you change the arm hole the ptp is thrown off.

12. AllAreCommon

AllAreCommon Senior member

Going to have to go ahead and ask for a proxy for this one now! Any one going. [​IMG]

13. Sebastian_Flyte

Sebastian_Flyte Senior member

Going to have to go ahead and ask for a proxy for this one now! Any one going.

[​IMG]

ditto

14. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

ditto

Jeeeeezus Cristus. If anyone gets anything in XS, and wants to get rid of it, PM ME

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Hrm. I have specific items I want from blackbird if anyone's going and would be willing to pick them up if they're marked down.