• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just my playful jab that you seem to sell most of what you buy right after you get it.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madmadigan
BTW, my local nordstrom rack still has two of the Lanvin Suede/Wool Baseball jackets, in size 50 and 54, originally $3500 I think, selling for around 1200 or 1250. The size 50 has a plastic price tag thing that was punched right through the leather in the back, so there is a very small hole where that's gone through ( I still can't understand how someone would do that, but maybe that's why it's at the rack).
Lucky you, the Seattle rack used to be okay for designer basics after sales season, but for the past 6 months it has sucked engorged cock. Same with downtown and Bellevue Nordstrom; except for a small collection of Lanvin, there is nothing good. Just labelwhoring ****.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
Lucky you, the Seattle rack used to be okay for designer basics after sales season, but for the past 6 months it has sucked engorged cock. Same with downtown and Bellevue Nordstrom; except for a small collection of Lanvin, there is nothing good. Just labelwhoring ****.

still sounds better than the Chicago one. Its pretty much all English laundry and that sort of ****... its basically only good for buying cheap shoe-trees.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
still sounds better than the Chicago one. Its pretty much all English laundry and that sort of ****... its basically only good for buying cheap shoe-trees.
And better then the one in my area. It's absolutely full of garbage save the occasional footwear and shoe trees too. It's basically like a mall yard sale.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dextroyer
25% off at www.rugby.com . pretty good slim fit on the shirts i've tried.

I've never bought anything from rugby but a lot of their stuff looks like good boring preppy stuff I could wear to the office, I'm an XS in almost every brand, but according to their size chart it looks like I'd be more of an S. Can anyone comment? 34-36 chest seems rather small for a size S.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone been to the SF rack lately? Thinking about heading down there thursday but it was slim pickings last time i was there.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dextroyer
25% off at www.rugby.com . pretty good slim fit on the shirts i've tried.

has to a purchase of $150+ though to get the discount

Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
I've never bought anything from rugby but a lot of their stuff looks like good boring preppy stuff I could wear to the office, I'm an XS in almost every brand, but according to their size chart it looks like I'd be more of an S. Can anyone comment? 34-36 chest seems rather small for a size S.

It varies from piece to piece, but most stuff fits at least somewhat slim. I'm a 36 and I wear small in some stuff xs in others. Blazers sometimes fit really small (the small I have is tight on me) though lengthwise regular / slightly long.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
How's the quality? I expect better than like BR or jcrew? again, I just need summer work staples so I'm not buying gitman to sit around my office all day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads