• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are all difference sizes. The BLT0 are about 110 cm. The BLT range in size, from about 200-220 cm - I think that it's cut directly from the longest part of the buffalo hide, so the length will vary depending on the size of the beast. I think that the people at SSENSE are on mistaken. They have one priced at the BLT level, and one at the BLT0. It would be nonsensical that both are the same length

Surprise! They're both short. (Confusingly, the one I just got, at the higher price point, is tagged BLT, but it's also only around 110 cm.)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprise! They're both short. (Confusingly, the one I just got, at the higher price point, is tagged BLT, but it's also only around 110 cm.)
That... makes no sense to me. My wife has a BLT0, and I have 3 BLT (rust, oxblood, and black) and the BLT is far thicker and longer. I'm so confused. Did they use the same model number for a different model? Was it mislabelled? Was it just a very small buffalo? Did someone buy, modify, and return, and the staff just didn't know any better?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for taking one for the team!
Search continues but I’ll probably fold and buy from Antonioli

And if you got the thin one then it’s even more screwed up because Ssense told me it was 150cm

A8B97133-6E02-4940-9009-0F0F62921799.png

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That... makes no sense to me. My wife has a BLT0, and I have 3 BLT (rust, oxblood, and black) and the BLT is far thicker and longer. I'm so confused. Did they use the same model number for a different model? Was it mislabelled? Was it just a very small buffalo? Did someone buy, modify, and return, and the staff just didn't know any better?

I have no idea. I had earlier bought the one they put on sale right at the beginning of the sale, which was $109-ish on sale, and which I should have realized would be the shorter one. Labelled BLT0; I returned it after I saw the more expensive one being discussed here was on sale too. It just arrived; it's labelled BLT; it's not noticeably larger than the one I returned. I emailed them to ask what the deal is.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea. I had earlier bought the one they put on sale right at the beginning of the sale, which was $109-ish on sale, and which I should have realized would be the shorter one. Labelled BLT0; I returned it after I saw the more expensive one being discussed here was on sale too. It just arrived; it's labelled BLT; it's not noticeably larger than the one I returned. I emailed them to ask what the deal is.

I think that Jen (my wife) actually wore hers today, so I can't take a quick picture for you, but the BLT one is really quite thick. Incidentally, a great belt for every day wear, but I do not recommend wearing it to the airport, as everyone will look at you like "you knew this was going to happen" as you take out two full lengths of belt, then have to put everything back together.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking one for the team!
Search continues but I’ll probably fold and buy from Antonioli

And if you got the thin one then it’s even more screwed up because Ssense told me it was 150cm

View attachment 1079969
This is actually consistent. 150 cm is approximately 59 inches.

That seems like a weird length though. Jen's BLT0 is around 110 cm. And my shortest BLT (the black one) is about 205 cm, and my longest is easily about 220 cm, and i have to figure out, when I wear it, where I will put all of that excess length.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@LA Guy right, but @oulipien said it was more like 110cm when he got it, not the 150 that Ssense quoted me.
So Ssense measurements don’t line up.
I passed on it at 150cm because it didn’t seem long enough. I want that thing to trail past my knees.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy right, but @oulipien said it was more like 110cm when he got it, not the 150 that Ssense quoted me.
So Ssense measurements don’t line up.
I passed on it at 150cm because it didn’t seem long enough. I want that thing to trail past my knees.
150 cm is probably long enough for that purpose, unless you are a much wider dude, or super tall. Assuming a pretty standard 36 inches to get around your waist, that leaves nearly 2 feet of belt Much longer than that, and you are looking to trip yourself up.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I pulled out a measuring tape and wrapped it how I would wear it and it would only be mid thigh at best.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled out a measuring tape and wrapped it how I would wear it and it would only be mid thigh at best.
Fair enough. How tall are you. Because this, at 210 cm (trust me, they vary by +/- 10cm, I mean, that is a looooot of extra length. We are talking an extra 3'.

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They just got back to me with a max length of 49 inches, or one inch over four feet, or 124cm (which is what the belt I got measured, as I was able to confirm after taking it home where there's a measuring tape)—so they've now decided that they belts don't even measure five feet!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads