• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dairy Phobic

Reaction score
as a student, I think the only thing worth paying full price for is outwear and sweaters, and maybe footwear, but everything else I think you can get the item or something very similar on sale,

especially bigger sizes

and when you buy something you gotta really want it, not like oh that looks cool. And don't buy stuff that are too similar, except t shirts

Last edited:

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, now I see, so it's an actual salary (for working), not like a stipend as part of a financial aid package. Cool.

As to your question, if there's something you want (that you wanted before the sale), get it now, but if you're just looking to fill a few wardrobe holes (i.e. 'I need a pair of pants and a jacket'), I'd wait for further drops, since you'll for sure be able to find something at 70% off.
But you can actually receive so much in stipend or other financial aid if your parents are divorced, parents with low fortune or don't have a job, live far from school, don't have a part-time job, have a lot of siblings or don't go to school etc.

Del-Toro

Reaction score
as a student, I think the only thing worth paying full price for is outwear and sweaters, and maybe footwear, but everything else I think you can get the item or something very similar on sale,
especially bigger sizes
and when you buy something you gotta really want it, not like oh that looks cool. And don't buy stuff that are too similar, except t shirts

Why? Nothing wrong with buying several white/navy/black or whatever solid color dress shirts or pants that you like. If you are worried about people thinking you are wearing the same thing; one, **** em, and two, you can differentiate your look with accessories like a high-end tie clip/bar, wearing a different width tie, contrast socks, etc. I would rather have one or two $400-$500 well made dress shirts that fit me right over 35 Jos. A. Bank "special" shirts that fit like **** and make me look like every other douche bag.

oh that looks cool. *kops*
Story of out lives.

So ******* true.

Last edited:

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why?  Nothing wrong with buying several white/navy/black or whatever solid color dress shirts or pants that you like.  If you are worried about people thinking you are wearing the same thing; one, **** em, and two, you can differentiate your look with accessories like a high-end tie clip/bar, wearing a different width tie, contrast socks, etc.  I would rather have one or two $400-$500 well made dress shirts that fit me right over 35 Jos. A. Bank "special" shirts that fit like **** and make me look like every other douche bag.

So ******* true.

Yes, but if you had one or two of them, you probably wouldn't make them both navy blue would you? The point is if he's going to buy a couple good quality, high-end stuff, best not to make them identical. And I think it's a good point.

Del-Toro

Reaction score
Yes, but if you had one or two of them, you probably wouldn't make them both navy blue would you? The point is if he's going to buy a couple good quality, high-end stuff, best not to make them identical. And I think it's a good point.

Jesus, my point was that it doesn't matter if your items are SIMILAR, not identical.

japples

Reaction score
How do I get girls, if I dont look good?

1. Always "chat-up" every girl you meet. Even strangers, men, whoever. That way when the one you like comes down the pike, it will be just a natural reaction to flirt with her.

2. Always have a good time. That's contagious and people will naturally want to be around someone who is having fun, because it rubs off. Smile, look people in the eye, and say hello to them by name when you meet them.

3. "Dao of Steve" 1). be desireless, (2), be excellent, (3) be gone

4. ABC - "A" always; "B" be, "C" closing

5. Remember your negs - they work much better than flattery. "That's a cute haircut - I didn't know it was still in style". "Those shoes look really comfortable", etc.

6. The biggest thing clothes can do for you is to make you feel confident. Remember, "dogs, bees, and hot chicks can smell fear"

If you can internalize those lessons, I am certain you will double the number of girls you hook up with.

As for clothes, buy less, but better. Never buy anything that doesn't fit perfectly (or that the tailor can't make fit perfectly). Buy outfits. Get a few great outfits and wear the hell out of them. Buy used if you can. Don't be a quality whore like a lot of guys on Styleforum. College chicks will never be able to tell the difference. Look around you, and when you see someone that is killing it, style wise, don't be afraid to ask them what they are wearing.

Got all that grasshopper?

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
uhoh.gif

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
actually this place is pretty homophobic. i guess its probably because most straight guys here, including myself; have spent most of their lives having strangers assume they're gay
Well, this IS a fashion forum for guys, so I'm sure most people here are playing for the other team.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads