1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

**Official Kansas City Thread**

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Pilot, Jan 10, 2011.

1. mainy

mainy Distinguished Member

Fucking hot. Makes me lazy. I hate 100 degrees plus humidity. My AC has been running non stop, electric bill is going to suck balls next month. [​IMG]

Sweat box. Nothing like getting drenched just sitting in your car until the A/C starts blowing cold.

On the bright side, I'll be making my now annual summer trip to Vegas in a week... so I get to go from 100 degrees with humidity to 100 with no humidity. Dry heat ftw! [​IMG]

2. satyajay

satyajay Member

FYI, Rick's has a Groupon today, $75 for $200. They still have a bunch of Venanzi stuff. http://www.groupon.com/deals/ricks-t...wear?c=dnb&p=2
    Just picked up this Groupon. Look forward to swinging by Rick's later this summer. It's been a long time for me!

3. kuslamb

kuslamb Senior Member

Wow, totally missed this thread. I live in downtown KC, for about another month or so. We have been here for 5 years, and really like KC.

Moving to work with Family in a different state. IF a meet up ever happens, I would probably be interested.

Additionally, if anyone is looking for a lease on a really nice unit @ Wallstreet Tower, feel free to PM me.

4. JhwkMac

JhwkMac Senior Member

Nooo, renewed my lease yesterday just a couple blocks away
    Wow, totally missed this thread. I live in downtown KC, for about another month or so. We have been here for 5 years, and really like KC. Moving to work with Family in a different state. IF a meet up ever happens, I would probably be interested. Additionally, if anyone is looking for a lease on a really nice unit @ Wallstreet Tower, feel free to PM me.

5. kuslamb

kuslamb Senior Member

Bummer. Where are you leasing?

6. dhc905

dhc905 Distinguished Member

Kc was awesome. Really enjoyed it. Boulevard brewing has some great Belgian style beers, and ended up eating at Blanc burgers and bottles because of the time and their extensive beer list. Burger was good, not great, but had a great time and marveled at how cheap everything was. We then went to the museum and climbed on the shuttlecocks only to be yelled at in a very wizard of oz kind of way. Great city, and suburbs.

7. rmg512

rmg512 Well-Known Member

I'm a temporary KC resident leaving to work out of another office in about a week (London!). The HR director of the company I work for has really gone out of her way to help with this transfer and I want to thank her with a little spa package or massage or something as she gets ready to take some time away from work, also in a week.

Any suggestions for a nice spot? Looking to spend around $100.

Thanks.

8. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

The Kauffman Center opens tonight. That's nice to see. Between it, the soccer stadium, and Google broadband, KC had a pretty damn good spring and summer.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

Sup Kansas City. Took this pic a couple months ago:

[​IMG]

10. JhwkMac

JhwkMac Senior Member

Saks off fifth in the legends is having a pre-sale event tomorrow. They sometimes have decent finds there, nothing as good as styleforum or ebay prices but may be worth the investment to be able to try things on. The event is a buy one get one free, so would bring their $800ish isaia suits to $400.. not bad

11. mainy

Lol I didn't even know this store was open. They have Isaia in there? That's kind of shocking

12. mainy

Isaia in wyandotte county.... :paranoia:

Actually maybe I'll go check it out tonight.

13. JhwkMac

JhwkMac Senior Member

yeah.. it's the more boring suit variety not the beautiful tartan sportcoats from the newest season but still

14. JhwkMac

JhwkMac Senior Member

Went to the Halls "Big Fall Sale" today which was a joke.

i've been going back and forth on getting a blazer thats been on sale at crown center since august but that is going to cost a bit on alterations so i want to get it for as low as possible!

Does anyone know when they give the big cut on their spring/summer stuff?

15. mainy

what's the current markdown level on the blazer? i've seen stuff at crown center go as low as 90% off, but it was like 2 seasons old. the s/s stuff should hit 75% off pretty soon if it isn't already, honestly you might just want to ask whoever is working the floor that day and they can probably let you know.