• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**Official Kansas City Thread**

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather is
ffffuuuu.gif
. Feels like October.

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
1 - The people talking **** have never lived there. I've lived around the world, and KC is alright.

2 - Overland Park is bad. Please don't live there.

3 - Lawrence is alright, but full of leftists with something to prove.

4 - Much of the advice in this thread is pretty good.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw a muscled up asian dude on saturday walking on Wyandotte toward the rivermarket wearing TR jeans. Prada?

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pilot
Saw a muscled up asian dude on saturday walking on Wyandotte toward the rivermarket wearing TR jeans. Prada?

ffffuuuu.gif
Never. LOL.

I probably know who you saw though. There aren't that many buff Asian dudes around.

dhc905

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
List of best restaurants? I'll be driving through next month. I've already been recommended bluestem, but since I'll only be there one day, it's pretty much my only shot at a nice meal in KC.

Also, any good local fast food?

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dhc905
List of best restaurants? I'll be driving through next month. I've already been recommended bluestem, but since I'll only be there one day, it's pretty much my only shot at a nice meal in KC.

Also, any good local fast food?

BBQ.

Bluestem is great if you have a reservation in advanced. I waited 2 hours for a table before there on a Wed night. I have been to all of the restaurants listed below and I believe they are local to the city.

Pierponts
Benton's
Peppercorn Duck Club
Plaza III Steakhouse
Skies
Hereford's House
Bristol

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
ffffuuuu.gif
Never. LOL.

I probably know who you saw though. There aren't that many buff Asian dudes around.

haha just messing man.

dhc905

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NM. Thanks PF and stephen for the rec's. Will probably try my hand at Bluestem first then check out either the American Restaurant or Hereford House. I like that Hereford house has a bottle of Caymus next to a big hunk of meat on their website. +1 for me!

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
They did a really good job on a couple of my sportcoats a few weeks back.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
Shawnee Mission between Ward Parkway and Nall is a ******* police hot zone.
Speeding on SMP anywhere, at any time is generally an extremely bad idea. Ward is the same way, esp the closer you get to 435... just big fat revenue generators. But uh, yeah, how about this weather?!

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* hot. Makes me lazy. I hate 100 degrees plus humidity. My AC has been running non stop, electric bill is going to suck balls next month.
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics