1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

I'm just dumbfounded that this is so hard for people. How do you all manage to wipe your ass much less log onto a computer?

Seriously, though.

You should check out the flaming wreckage of the True Blood threak circa about this time last year. There was a similarly endless debate about book spoilers. Having lived through that festival of facepalmery, I am not necessarily surprised to see its playing itself out again here.

I don't understand what, precisely, about the phrase "Don't post any book spoilers" warrants confusion, analysis, examination, debate, resistance, denial, anger, or attempted subversion. But then, there's a lot about people on the internet that I'll never understand.

2. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Just to confirm: We CAN talk about the book(s) as long as we put it in spoiler tags?

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

4. 3cyr3

3cyr3 Well-Known Member

Just started watching it... So far so good, seems alot better than Spartacus

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Just to confirm: We CAN talk about the book(s) as long as we put it in spoiler tags?

talk about the book in the book thread

6. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

I'm hoping that as seasons follow we'll see some massive crowd scenes as in for instance Ben-Hur, Braveheart, the latest Robin Hood. Although the great acting and visuals probably skew my ideas on the available budget.

Seriously, though.

You should check out the flaming wreckage of the True Blood threak circa about this time last year. There was a similarly endless debate about book spoilers. Having lived through that festival of facepalmery, I am not necessarily surprised to see its playing itself out again here.

I don't understand what, precisely, about the phrase "Don't post any book spoilers" warrants confusion, analysis, examination, debate, resistance, denial, anger, or attempted subversion. But then, there's a lot about people on the internet that I'll never understand.

1. It wasn't that clear which you'd see if you'd just read the text, instead of feel the text.
    2. Aren't you Mr. Goodietwoshoes all of a sudden.

7. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

2. Aren't you Mr. Goodietwoshoes all of a sudden.
    I've always been a stuck-up asshole about spoilers. Especially when people try to spoil shit I am watching with great interest. I'm still a lovable troublemaker everywhere else, though. In conclusion, I am a man of many contradictions.

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

I wonder how they're going to pull off (HEY GUYS EPISODE 10 SPOILER AHEAD) (NO, REALLY, THIS IS A SHOW SPOILER, HONEST)
    Dany throwing the witch into a flaming pyre, walking into it, and walking out with three mothafucking dragons hanging off of her. The Whitewalkers were done fairly well in CGI, but dragons... considering that's probably the moneyshot of the entire episode and series, they better not fuck this up

9. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

After Sunday, I hope this thread is temporarily squirreled until Season 2.

10. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Season 2 is officially a go. Production to begin 7/25 in Northern Ireland. Wooo! [​IMG]

11. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

I wonder how they're going to pull off

(HEY GUYS EPISODE 10 SPOILER AHEAD)

(NO, REALLY, THIS IS A SHOW SPOILER, HONEST)

Dany throwing the witch into a flaming pyre, walking into it, and walking out with three mothafucking dragons hanging off of her. The Whitewalkers were done fairly well in CGI, but dragons... considering that's probably the moneyshot of the entire episode and series, they better not fuck this up

Wrong.

12. jarude

jarude Senior member

Wrong.

end of book one spoiler/ep 10 spoiler - and knock that pedantic show/book shit off in this particular case. end of book = end of show, so fuck off ya clowns

HBO preview: "Season One Finale. A new king rises in the North; a Khaleesi finds new hope."

Wikipedia: "Eager for revenge, she orders the maegi tied to Drogo's funeral pyre and places her three dragon eggs on the pyre with Drogo. While she watches it burn, Daenerys is seduced by the beauty of the flames and walks into the inferno. Instead of perishing in the flames, she emerges unscathed and with three newly-hatched dragons draped around her. Awestruck, the few remaining Dothraki and Ser Jorah swear their allegiance to her. As the first female khal and mother to the world's only known dragons, Daenerys becomes determined to build an army to reclaim the throne of Westeros."

Given that the dragons hatch at the end of book 1, and this season covers book 1, logic dictates that in fact the season finale will cover the end of the book. HBO preview also implies as such, and the video preview shows Dany lighting the pyre. Pray tell, how do you know otherwise? Or is this some further attempt at book spoiler/show spoiler faggotry?

13. javyn

javyn Senior member

Still got a lot of ground to cover for the finale. Does anyone know if this will be a 2 hour finale? I hope it is...
    Ticks me off that the completion of Jon's story is being put off until the finale, Ep 9 should have tied up his part so we can leave the finale to the Throne and Khal)

14. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Still got a lot of ground to cover for the finale. Does anyone know if this will be a 2 hour finale? I hope it is...

Ticks me off that the completion of Jon's story is being put off until the finale, Ep 9 should have tied up his part so we can leave the finale to the Throne and Khal)

+1

15. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

Jesus fucking Christ. You people are retards.

16. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I've always been a stuck-up asshole about spoilers. Especially when people try to spoil shit I am watching with great interest. I'm still a lovable troublemaker everywhere else, though. In conclusion, I am a man of many contradictions.

i think the "goodietwoshoes" comment works the same way a suggestion that someone is being "PC" magically trumps any accusations of racism.

also, I'm invoking the NorCal rule.

17. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Aren't you Mr. Knowitall right now.

18. SupercoolBeez

SupercoolBeez Member

Nah, another 1 hour-ep.

Jon can wait, his story's at a good enough point for a season break. They've been building up Robb's bad-assery for a while now, since we didn't get to actually see him in the Whispering Wood I'd love to see a bit of time devoted to how he outsmarted Tywin and Jaimie.

Actually as far as the books go,
    only Daenerys has any significant development, everything else is tying up loose ends.

19. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Right now? [​IMG]

20. jarude

jarude Senior member

Jesus fucking Christ. You people are retards.
    The troll getting trolled. Buddy dishes it out, but he can't take it [​IMG]
    Ah, the irony...
    Nah, another 1 hour-ep. Jon can wait, his story's at a good enough point for a season break. They've been building up Robb's bad-assery for a while now, since we didn't get to actually see him in the Whispering Wood I'd love to see a bit of time devoted to how he outsmarted Tywin and Jaimie. Actually as far as the books go,
    only Daenerys has any significant development, everything else is tying up loose ends.

motherfucking dragons