• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official 2015-2016 college football thread

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Braxton Miller spin move was legit.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @edinatlanta,

Nice job with your Pick'Em board last week. Picking Wisconsin over Bama and Louisville over Auburn was a bold move, but I like your style.

Let's see how you do in week two.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
10 SEC teams ranked in top 25. How many teams are in the conference? 12

Please tell me there is no bias. And show me how.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

14 and yes there is an ESPN bias, sure but like, other than aTm, I just don't know who else belongs in the polls at this point (I say that as someone who is ranking in a poll this year... it's just... tough).

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
14 and yes there is an ESPN bias, sure but like, other than aTm, I just don't know who else belongs in the polls at this point (I say that as someone who is ranking in a poll this year... it's just... tough).
Kind of think there isn't a point in even having a poll until week 4-5. You can't tell who is good or not, and its super misleading. The number of teams ranked in the top 10 at the start of the year who arent even ranked later

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't worry. Come season's end there will be only 5-6 teams maybe 7 in the top 25 once they all start playing each other. Really only 2 teams in the SEC earned the ranking so far, aTm and Alabama for playing semi decent teams. You could probably argue Auburn also earned it. Everyone else is in there based on SEC inflation.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't worry. Come season's end there will be only 5-6 teams maybe 7 in the top 25 once they all start playing each other. Really only 2 teams in the SEC earned the ranking so far, aTm and Alabama for playing semi decent teams. You could probably argue Auburn also earned it. Everyone else is in there based on SEC inflation.
also gives them a built in 'we beat x number of ranked teams' excuse, even though those teams were only ranked weeks 1-3

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Eh, Auburn really wasn't that impressive. Had Petrino had any clue about clock management they probably would have lost that game. Does that mean they can beat 100 other teams in FBS? Sure. Could they beat 115 teams? Eh, not so sure.

aTm is about to have the hype train kick in to full steam and I really don't buy that Kevin Sumlin is a great coach so let's see how that shakes out.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While you're right that teams will be able to claim wins over ranked opponents, things should shake out pretty quickly. OK @ Tenn and LSU @ Miss St. will clear things up a lot this weekend.

Who's your team, if you don't mind my asking?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

While you're right that teams will be able to claim wins over ranked opponents, things should shake out pretty quickly. OK @ Tenn and LSU @ Miss St. will clear things up a lot this weekend.

Who's your team, if you don't mind my asking?

Maybe, but a loss vs a 'ranked' team is much less damaging than one vs an unranked one.

My team is UCLA

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SEC!
Goodbye Arkansas, Tennessee, and Miss State from the top 25. I'm glad I don't have to hear about the greatness of the SEC for a week.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SEC!
Goodbye Arkansas, Tennessee, and Miss State from the top 25. I'm glad I don't have to hear about the greatness of the SEC for a week.

Don't forget Auburn barely eking out a win against an FCS foe.

daveinsweethome

Reaction score
well, I must admit that I am a bit worried out here in Oregon. it has been a great ride hope mich state was just a blip.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And Georgia looking bad against Vandy. Not to rub too much salt into the wound but I would say Vandy and Tulane are probably around equally "good" and Tech's C squad looked a lot better than UGA's A team. Spurrier's gonna smoke the Dawgs (again).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads