• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty good deal if you're looking for a Beacon. Take an extra 15% off with EXTRA15:

http://www.endclothing.com/us/barbour-beacon-sports-jacket-mwx0007ol71.html

I have one (when it was called the Commander and it's great).

Can be had for $260 from Kafka shipped right now, if you're a patron (gets you an extra 10% off).

https://www.kafka.co.uk/item/29035/Barbour/Beacon-Sports---Olive.html

I have the jacket and love it, but recommend sizing up one if you intend to layer.

PS all Barbour is pretty cheap on Kafka right now, especially for patrons.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
In order to get the patron discount at Kafka, you have to have bought some amount of stuffs from them before.
I'm not sure what the amount of stuffs are, but they trigger different discounts.
Currently I'm getting 15%. I've heard others say they get 10%.
It's tied to your account and just shows up in your basket.
Sometimes they send out codes which stack on the patron discount. Sometimes the code replaces the patron discount.

I think that PATRON code is dead.

Last edited:

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love my ashby, but there are a few issues:

1. the olive color is "boring" because it is the most universal. agree with the above, that if there was a sage, that would be cool
2. the realistic weather to wear a barbour is actually quite limited (depending on where you live). it's more of a 2.5 season coat, rather than a 3 season coat. in the dead of winter, the barbour won't cut it. i'm curious what the liner will do, but since i'm usually wearing a technical (non-down) jacket plush my ashby, i can't imagine the liner will be sufficient

but great jacket and love the history

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In order to get the patron discount at Kafka, you have to have bought some amount of stuffs from them before.
I'm not sure what the amount of stuffs are, but they trigger different discounts.
Currently I'm getting 15%. I've heard others say they get 10%.
It's tied to your account and just shows up in your basket.
Sometimes they send out codes which stack on the patron discount. Sometimes the code replaces the patron discount.

I think that PATRON code is dead.
IIRC it's between 10-20%, based on how much you've spent in the past.

I've dropped about 900 quid there and currently have a 10% discount.

Interesting and this would make sense. I haven't bought anything until that Commander (and something else) last night in some time. Still I got more than 10% off and I got a split second error message on the code, but I feel like my total went down. Anyway, I've bought my fair share from them in the past so that would explain how the math didn't add up (in my favor though!) when I tried calculating it all out. I just tried added something to my cart and it's 15% based on my math. Anyway, always great service from them in my experience and I would recommend the Commander at that price. I just with they had it in navy as well and that they still stocked Cabourn.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have/try the Crux yet? It's a White Mountaineering collab piece. Very cool reinterpretation of the Bedale, but the chest pockets are definitely off. Even seeing it in photos from multiple stockists' sites. Very frustrating.

groundkontrol

Reaction score
I just bought this Ashby on Grailed. In the listing it was supposed to be a Medium Olive with tags. When it arrived the tags were not attached and said size Small. The tag on the collar says that it's a Medium. It also fits like the Mediums I've tried on in the stores. The internal tag in the pocket was removed. Not sure what's going on but I am suspicious. Can anyone tell me if this is authentic? Do fake Barbour Ashbys even exist? Thanks!

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the wales of the curdoroy thinner? Also, are the buttons on the back vents hidden?

Ashby is supposed to fit slimmer. The missing pocket tag is suspicious. I have a Bedale but I assume Ashbys should also have a tag

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
I just bought this Ashby on Grailed. In the listing it was supposed to be a Medium Olive with tags. When it arrived the tags were not attached and said size Small. The tag on the collar says that it's a Medium. It also fits like the Mediums I've tried on in the stores. The internal tag in the pocket was removed. Not sure what's going on but I am suspicious. Can anyone tell me if this is authentic? Do fake Barbour Ashbys even exist? Thanks!

Admittedly I'm not an expert in authenticating Barbour, but I have seen where some US retailers indicate different sizing on Barbour items than their UK Size. For instance a UK Medium could be tagged US Small.

My (again, uninformed) opinion is that your jacket looks authentic to me.

Last edited:

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Barbour Templand quilt liner will go into the Ashby? Or is it specifically for the hooded Bedale?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Luxswap/SpooPoker has an insanely cool plaid Barbour SL for sale in a bunch of sizes.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/307841/luxeswap-official-affiliate-thread/14940#post_8714077

Lining is not your usual Barbour plaid.

More pics
http://wear.jp/item/10926513/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads