• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYC shows January 2011

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this thread is redundant but I looked at the gallery page and somehow couldn't access the thread from last year's NYC tradeshows. I'm considering going to New York in January for the shows and wanted some input on which ones I should prioritize. Capsule seems to be the one for my needs although there are a couple of brands I'd like to check out at Project. It seems to be quite big and commercial though and I would have to come a couple of days earlier for it and was wondering if it would be worth it. Also, I need some tips on where to stay with reasonable rates, if anyone has some secret tips.

Planning to be there between the 12th to the 18th of January if I include Project.

Appreciate your time and effort ladies and gents.

L.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
inlove.gif
Now I gotta find us a place for some chicken adobo, sisig, and halo halo. Project isn't cheap but if you're looking to introduce a few lower-priced or more mainstream brands then it could be worth a look. Obviously, Capsule is more your speed. In general, though, Project can be a mess. Maybe Fok will chime in with where we stayed but it was decent and extremely reasonable. SoHo Suites? Something like that.

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bruder, are you all going to be there in January? I'm really trying to get this trip going. I would normally be at the Pitti Uomo that week but I'm getting tired of it and need some new inspiration. I've just checked out the Off Soho suites and the rates are definitely reasonable although its a shame if there are only two people in a room... I kind of had that feeling about Project when I was checking out their brands list. Too many and probably not too much direction.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
We'll ask Big Daddy Fok and maybe he'll be Santa Claus instead of the Grinch this year. Would love to go back again this year. We had four in our suite because of the sofa bed. It was adorable.

Project works for a lot of people but I'm not sure how much you'd get out of it for your shop. I think it was the SS10 at Vegas that Project had a Capsule Jr with brands like Surface 2 Air, Hyden Yoo, 3Sixteen, and one or two other forum-friendly names I'm forgetting. Don't know if they're still doing that. Each time I hit Project, there are only a handful of brands to see and a lot of hoopla. I guess it depends on what you have in mind for your shop that you'd need to see in person and not in a kit.

actuallysusan

Reaction score
I always use the same service each time I travel to NYC for the shows. They are a small family owned business, super personable, great apts, super rates, huge savings from hotels, and a fun little vaca experience on top of it all. They used to have a website but now they just have individual ads for each of their apts. The person I use for my booking is Tricia. Here is her email: [email protected]. Let me know if you have any questions about them. I can help. Have fun in NYC. See you there in January!!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
We'll ask Big Daddy Fok and maybe he'll be Santa Claus instead of the Grinch this year. Would love to go back again this year. We had four in our suite because of the sofa bed. It was adorable.

Project works for a lot of people but I'm not sure how much you'd get out of it for your shop. I think it was the SS10 at Vegas that Project had a Capsule Jr with brands like Surface 2 Air, Hyden Yoo, 3Sixteen, and one or two other forum-friendly names I'm forgetting. Don't know if they're still doing that. Each time I hit Project, there are only a handful of brands to see and a lot of hoopla. I guess it depends on what you have in mind for your shop that you'd need to see in person and not in a kit.

Looks like it will be me, you, Pete, his lovely wife, and some of the locals if they can make it, in January. I'll get you the particulars after I sort them out. I'll be changing your official title at Styleforum to "Power Bottom", just so you know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads