• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYC Earthquake

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So there was some tragic damage from the event. In today's paper, there was a picture of a worker cleaning up after several bottles of liquor fell from the shelves and broke. Let us bow our heads for the senseless waste.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So there was some tragic damage from the event. In today's paper, there was a picture of a worker cleaning up after several bottles of liquor fell from the shelves and broke. Let us bow our heads for the senseless waste.

Let us pray.

jk2317

Reaction score
Sky blue and white mini houndstooth Corneliani sport coat, White shirt, Orange Sherbet Cashmere tie by Emma Willis, Santorelli silk paisley pocket square, Borelli Khaki Trou, and to make matters all the worse, Grenson White Buckskin Oxfords with broughing.

ARGH! Same here with the white full brogues! At least I was outdoors on a boat dock when it happened. Everyone thought it was just a wake hitting the dock and didn't notice how inappropriate my shoes were for such a solemn event.

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score
The earthquake came without warning. (They all do.)

Therefore, no one could plan the day's outfit. Those who wore something ordinary can be excused.

However, Hurricane Irene is on the way. Along with buying batteries and bottled water, a prudent person must make sartorial plans. There will be no excuses this time.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Therefore, no one could plan the day's outfit. Those who wore something ordinary can be excused.

However, Hurricane Irene is on the way. Along with buying batteries and bottled water, a prudent person must make sartorial plans. There will be no excuses this time.

Even though its on a Sunday (allegedly)?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Finally, I can break out my $1,200 Arcyteryx Veilance Gore-Tex trench! Mackintoshes just won't do for a Category 3!

Last edited:

thebarbaron

Reaction score
I'm thinking of having my oldest and worst charcoal pinstripe suit modified to be a tearaway model. When the hurricane hits full force, I want to be able to go from elegance to naked anarchy with no time wasted.

togglebutton

Reaction score
I was in Manhattan at the time and i didnt even realize there was an earthquake this i got phone calls from loved ones.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I was in Manhattan at the time and i didnt even realize there was an earthquake this i got phone calls from loved ones.

Isn't it funny how at any other time, people are either friends or relatives, but in the moment of a crisis they instantly become "loved ones"? :lol:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads