• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NWT: RLPL suits - Navy, navy flannel chalkstripe 40R; charcoal pin, glen plaid DB 42L

drducky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Offering here before ebay
all are NWT and made by St Andrews; prices include shipping
theres minimal flexibility in the pricing (though you can always propose an offer) - these are absolute staples at about 70% off retail
all trousers are unhemmed and have side adjustment sliders as well as buttons attached for braces; belt loops not attached, though are provided along with pouch of sleeve buttons as they are basted

** SOLD **
Navy suit, tagged 40R - retail $3295 - asking $1000
Fabric 100% wool, super 150's
2 button, notch lapel, dual rear vents with ticket pocket
trousers are flat front

Navy flannel chalkstripe, tagged 40R - retail $2995 - asking $950, now $875!
fabric 100% wool
3 button, rolls to 2 - 2.5; dual rear vents with ticket pocket
trousers have dual forward pleats
Jacket:
Chest - 43"
Shoulders - 19"
Length - 31"
Sleeves - 25"
Trousers (tagged 34):
Waist - 35.5"
Inseam - basted at 35" with 4.5"
RLPLNavychalk40R-1.jpg

** returned to store though poss available **
Charcoal pinstripe, tagged 42L (though would easily work for trim 44L) - retail $2995 - asking $925
fabric 99% wool, 1% cashmere
3 button, rolls to 2; dual rear vents with ticket pocket
Jacket:
Chest - 45"
Shoulders - 19.5"
Length - 32"
Sleeves - 26.5"
Trousers(tagged 36):
Waist - 37.5"
Inseam - unhemmed at 42"

** returned to store **
black and white glen plaid with faint pink overpane, tagged 42L - retail $3295 - asking $950
fabric 95% wool, 5% cashmere
6x2 button double breast; dual rear vents with ticket pocket
Jacket:
Chest - 44.5"
Shoulders - 19"
Length - 31.5"
Sleeves - 26"
Trousers (tagged 36):
Waist - 36.75"
Inseam - basted at 37" with 4.5" remaining

drducky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
considering that I have several thousand dollars invested in these (and they are not my size, so I certainly don't plan on keeping) ...
for those that had enough interest to look, but aren't biting, are these the wrong size, the wrong style, or the wrong price?
I thought these were a pretty good offer

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my case, the only thing keeping me from snatching that navy 40R is all the $$ I have tied up in B&S inventory myself
musicboohoo[1].gif

This is one sweet haul though, I say take it straight to ebay and don't mess with us ingrates on SF.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Absolutely great suits and very good deal. Not absolute bargain basement, but what do you expect for a super 150s solid navy??
worship.gif

If I wasn't committed to bespoke, I'd buy both 40 regulars!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

drducky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
In my case, the only thing keeping me from snatching that navy 40R is all the $$ I have tied up in B&S inventory myself
musicboohoo[1].gif

This is one sweet haul though, I say take it straight to ebay and don't mess with us ingrates on SF.

that was my first instinct, but I've gotten a lot of great deals here, not all of which were supercheap, but great items and thought I should try here first
when I look at what I've gotten on ebay to what I've picked up here, I realize that ebay is hit or miss (unless I know exactly what I'm getting.. ie something I've tried on before) and is often slightly disappointing
The items I've purchased here on the other hand tend to be surprisingly nicer than described and I've been introduced to labels that I'd previously never looked for before (thanks ed for opening my wallet to Valenini!)
I stop my ranting and prepare for ebay or a return

tbone226

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drducky
considering that I have several thousand dollars invested in these (and they are not my size, so I certainly don't plan on keeping) ...
for those that had enough interest to look, but aren't biting, are these the wrong size, the wrong style, or the wrong price?

If you had that navy one in a 38R I'd be interested.

ceaton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drducky

Wrong time of the year for me! My wallet is still recovering from Christmas shopping, otherwise I'd be all over the 40R Navy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads