1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nudie Average Joes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by drizzt3117, Apr 20, 2007.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I picked these up today. They are pretty awesome. Fit is very similar to my tailored Svens, but the denim is a bit heavier and darker. I love them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. joshua_robert

joshua_robert Well-Known Member

You look like you're standing in front of a circus mirror even though you are not.

3. corbu

corbu Senior member

how would you compare them to Regular Ralphs? I've been waiting for the Average Joe for a while... but didnt know they were out yet. [​IMG]

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

how would you compare them to Regular Ralphs? I've been waiting for the Average Joe for a while... but didnt know they were out yet. [​IMG]
    They fit about the same in the top block but are slimmer in the leg. I just posted a pic of me wearing my RRDS yesterday. [​IMG]

5. joshua_robert

They are Even Stevens without the low yoke and low pocket position. So basically a Regular Ralf w/o the bootcut.

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

They are Even Stevens without the low yoke and low pocket position. So basically a Regular Ralf w/o the bootcut.

That's not a bad description, although the Straight Sven is a RR w/o a bootcut also. They're basically a slim straight leg instead of a relaxed straight leg.

7. joshua_robert

That's not a bad description, although the Straight Sven is a RR w/o a bootcut also. They're basically a slim straight leg instead of a relaxed straight leg.

True, but SS is a straight leg, whereas ES and AJ have a slight taper.

8. corbu

corbu Senior member

I thought the SS had a lower rise? Either way, these sound like they'll be great.

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I thought the SS had a lower rise? Either way, these sound like they'll be great.

I think the rise on these is more or less the same as my Svens...

10. joshua_robert

Does anyone know if they are releasing a selvage version of the Average Joe? If so, it might be too tempting not to buy. I love my Even Stevens, but sometimes the low yoke gets annoying.

11. KennyGhetzoff

KennyGhetzoff Senior member

drizz... you look jail built in that pic. Nice jeans!

which do you prefer SS or AJ? Kinda turned off that those AJs aren't japanese selvage.

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

drizz... you look jail built in that pic. Nice jeans!

which do you prefer SS or AJ? Kinda turned off that those AJs aren't japanese selvage.

I like the AJs actually. I don't care about the selvage. This denim seems to have a nicer color and feel than the SS denim, at least IMO. I have plenty of jeans with selvage.

13. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

drizzt

jeans looks good and fits very nice. One of the few nudies I like. How large are the bag pockets?

Cant help to be curious though.. is your large upper body depending on the angle of the photo? Otherwise, how big are you? :0

I feel pretty topheavy, with 32 (jeans) inch waist and something like a 44 chest, but it seems like you´r a bit more than that?

14. DGP

DGP Senior member

Where did you get these?

15. KennyGhetzoff

KennyGhetzoff Senior member

they have em on cultism.com and fos5.com

16. joshua_robert

they have em on cultism.com and fos5.com

cultizm.com

17. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

drizzt jeans looks good and fits very nice. One of the few nudies I like. How large are the bag pockets? Cant help to be curious though.. is your large upper body depending on the angle of the photo? Otherwise, how big are you? :0 I feel pretty topheavy, with 32 (jeans) inch waist and something like a 44 chest, but it seems like you´r a bit more than that?
    I think the angle has a bit to do with it, but I always look big when I'm just wearing a T-shirt with no jacket. I'm about a 46.5" chest, 34" waist...

18. anthony

anthony Active Member

wow those are a great fit! I like.

19. AnotherVictim

AnotherVictim Senior member

Glad you posted those pics, I was on the edge but theyll probably be a purchase of mine soon [​IMG]

20. mongo615

mongo615 Senior member

Masa's are available at cultizm--$400.00!!! Not for me!!![​IMG]Just Received an e-mail from cultizm--they are $289.00--still a little steep!!