1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nudie Average Joes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by drizzt3117, Apr 20, 2007.

1. bigskydream

bigskydream Senior member

Still confused on the fit of these:

Is the rise higher than on the Straight Sven?
    Is there a slight taper in the leg, or are they true straight leg?

thanks!

2. modual

modual Senior member

The rise is higher than straight sven and they have slight taper from the knee to hem. Think reg ralf from the knee up and slim jim from the knee down. Great fit imo

3. mongo615

mongo615 Senior member

They are a very nice pair of jeans--The indigo is so dark, it's nearly black. Normally I don't really care for the orange stitching on Nudies, but with the darkness of this jean, the orange is a really nice contrast. I'm very pleased with this purchase! Based on this jean, and what I've seen of the Masa's, I'm glad I got the AJ's.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Here's another pic I took recently.

[​IMG]

5. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

If only Nudies came in 36...

6. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Senior member

those look ok but i think the uniqlos you had on in the WAYWT thread balance you out better. you look a little top heavy (bc you're a ginormous muscley beast, you! -- jk).

anyone find it amazing that nudie can put out so many fits? . . . and not that i dont find having so many fits a bad thing, but they must have out of this world production time.

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

those look ok but i think the uniqlos you had on in the WAYWT thread balance you out better. you look a little top heavy (bc you're a ginormous muscley beast, you! -- jk). anyone find it amazing that nudie can put out so many fits? . . . and not that i dont find having so many fits a bad thing, but they must have out of this world production time.
    I like the fit on the Uniqlos, especially now that they are a bit slimmer through the lower leg, but the AJ's lower rise make them a bit more comfortable for me.

8. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

what kinda shoes are you rocking?

i had a pair of SJs before these and these are loads more comfortable... and look almost the same imo

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

10. usctrojan99

usctrojan99 Senior member

Nice jeans. The fit looks a little tight for me, but they look good.

11. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

u should post some back and side views for the people how has your stretching been so far? did you size up or down? compared to your other nudies? [​IMG] thanks

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I haven't really worn them that much. I imagine they'll stretch like other nudies.

13. modual

modual Senior member

I have the average joe. The back rise is about an 1" longer than RRDS which is too long imo

14. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

what is the back rise mean?
    do you mean the back part of the waist seems higher than the front?
    ive noticed that in mine so far

they are only 2 days old and the waist is still a bit tight tho

otherwise i am loving the fit (like ive said way more comfy than the SJs i before, but with a similar cut)

15. Dirk Benedict

Dirk Benedict Senior member Affiliate Vendor

If only Nudies came in 36...

Nudies come in 36's and 38's as well. We have one pair of Average Joes in 36 left.

16. truestorytravis

truestorytravis Senior member

My 2 cents. I saw these at Context a couple weks ago. I hadn't seen a pair of Nudies that I liked since I bought my Staight Svens (quite a while back) until I saw these. The fit is spot on for me and the heavier denim feels much nicer to me than that used on the RR's. Due to the heavier material they feel more substantial overall which gives them a leg up when I compare them to my Japanese denims. As was mentioned before, the color is deeper than other Nudie denim which is another plus. I haven't purchased them yet because they are at the bottom of my "want list" right now, but one of these days I'm going to pick them up.

17. Dirk Benedict

What's up truestorytravis? You're right on about the denim-- heavy and dark.

Nudie describes the fit as

Ralf: waist to knee
    Jim: knee to leg opening

I measured them and that is indeed the case. The back rise is less than 1/4 inch longer than the Ralf. If this fit doesn't become Nudie's best seller, I'd be amazed. Very universal.

18. modual

modual Senior member

What's up truestorytravis? You're right on about the denim-- heavy and dark.

Nudie describes the fit as

Ralf: waist to knee
    Jim: knee to leg opening

I measured them and that is indeed the case. The back rise is less than 1/4 inch longer than the Ralf. If this fit doesn't become Nudie's best seller, I'd be amazed. Very universal.

It is a universal fit yes but i disagree about the back rise. I measured my joes at 1" longer than my ralfs in the same size.

19. Dirk Benedict

hhmm.

Perhaps some inconsistency in your pair. I've measured quite a few AJs and Ralfs.

20. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

After getting these hemmed, I really like them. I think the fit is great and the jeans are very comfortable and dressy even with the contrast stitching.

[​IMG]