• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

North Sea Clothing

cellardoors

Reaction score
One more question if I may... Is it TTS (eg if i normally wear sweaters with P2P of 20"-21", I should get the M, or should I size up for the L)?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One more question if I may... Is it TTS (eg if i normally wear sweaters with P2P of 20"-21", I should get the M, or should I size up for the L)?

Slightly over sized for the tag

CommanderMcBragg

Reaction score
I'm a bit troubled by this company's customer service...or perhaps lack thereof.

A North Sea cardigan that I purchased through J.Crew piqued my interest in this company, so I checked out their website. On Tuesday, I purchased two pairs of their two-tone MK1 tennis shoes--one in each of the two colors. Price was £35 per pair. Perusing their site again yesterday, I noted that the price had dropped to £25 per pair, which means I spent £20 more--or roughly $25USD--the day before. My polite email requesting a price adjustment yielded a response of, "so sorry, but this is the nature of commerce."

Does this seem fair? The company accepts returns, so a local buyer could simply go back to their store, return the shoes, and re-purchase them for less. Should I be penalized for living on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean? I can appreciate that they do not want customers saying, "Hey, I just bought these a month ago and now I want a partial refund because they are on sale," but these shoes are a week away from even hitting my doorstep!

The $25 in question won't change my life, but it's the principle that irks me. I'm debating eating the $30 (two-way shipping) and sending them back altogether once they arrive. Curious to know the thoughts of others here on SF.

CommanderMcBragg

Reaction score
It's pfui Teufel customer service, in my opinion. With all of the other internet options these days, I won't be shopping with North Sea Clothing in the future.

CommanderMcBragg

Reaction score
Though they look ok they are cheapie in quality and not worth it. Sometimes you eat the bear; sometimes it eats you. This one was the latter.

duffyfluffy123

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience how rough their lambswool is on the newer models of mock neck and turtleneck design? I've heard old batches were quite rough.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two models from North Sea Clothing. The wool is coarser than what most companies go for, though it's also warmer, heavier, and seems more durable. It's basically closer to outerwear or workwear than any fancy stuff. This is how NSC was born originally, from the vintage knitwear finds which seemed to last through years of heavy use. What you can do, however, is to wash them several times until the wool softens up. Just be sure to wear something underneath - otherwise you'll end up scratching your skin from the prickly wool stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads