• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Non-Iron shirts

Kroaker

Reaction score
What kind of price points are you getting these for?
At normal and in sales and on Ebay?
Some ideas would be nice on brand/ model / how/ when / price points you made the acquisitions would be nice to know.
Now is a good time to stock up on Brooks Bros non-iron shirts during their big sale. If you buy 4 or more, it runs about $53 per shirt.

throwouttheiron

Reaction score
I forget now since its a while since I bought any. M&S shirts are about £30 in the shop. Without labels on Ebay they're about £12.00. I just google "100% cotton, non iron shirt".

ogredave

Reaction score
Well, aren't you special? Care to elaborate?
Sorry, I forgot to specify on eBay. I think he's trying to figure out a ballpark price. Can also be done by searching completed auctions..

I should have quoted XFactor:
What kind of price points are you getting these for?
At normal and in sales and on Ebay?
Some ideas would be nice on brand/ model / how/ when / price points you made the acquisitions would be nice to know.

ogredave

Reaction score
I forgot to specify eBay purchases.. sounded like XFactor wanted an idea of what's a fair price.

Had a longer response but the system ate it (new member, post has to be reviewed, etc.) ..

Last edited:

XFactor

Reaction score
I forgot to specify eBay purchases.. sounded like XFactor wanted an idea of what's a fair price.

Had a longer response but the system ate it (new member, post has to be reviewed, etc.) ..
Thank you. I am starting a little low on budget now so I wouldnt mind find the right deal for them.

I do prefer the SLIM-FIT Non-Irons. Just that usually they are expensive and not sure which ones are best VALUE for the $$

Any suggestions on how I could/ should about looking for them on Ebay and weed out the right ones etc.

If you cant post here please PM my Inbox (if there is one on these forums).

Last edited:

ogredave

Reaction score
Thank you. I am starting a little low on budget now so I wouldnt mind find the right deal for them.

I do prefer the SLIM-FIT Non-Irons. Just that usually they are expensive and not sure which ones are best VALUE for the $$

Any suggestions on how I could/ should about looking for them on Ebay and weed out the right ones etc.

If you cant post here please PM my Inbox (if there is one on these forums).
I suggest local thrift stores and/or eBay if on a budget. I think BB and CT are probably among the better values but BB is easier to find and doesn't shrink like CT does. I also like Nordstrom Smartcare or John Nordstrom lines, but look for the newer tags. The old ones run larger.

I usually search my size minus the combo size and minus brands I dont want. IE:
16 32 -33 -french -van -arrow

Explanation: I don't want 32/33, I want 32 length only. I also don't want Van Heusen or Arrow and so on. Adjust to suit your needs, maybe even setup a saved search. Finally, I would be patient if on a budget. Good luck :)

jt10000

Reaction score
For cheap shirts, Land's End on sale is pretty good if they fit you. See if you can sign up for their mailing list to get their discount codes. Don't ever buy their stuff at full price. You should be able to get dress shirts for around $30 or less from them that way.

The fit can be a little blousy. I'm 160 pounts, 38 suit jacket, 32" or 33" waist, and 15.5" neck and their 15.5" neck "trim fit" shirts are a little loose on my body. Tolerable under a jacket, but not my favorite.

For a few shirts I've bought with no intention of wearing a tie or buttoning the top button, the 15" neck shirts fit me just right. YMMV.

Last edited:

PaaPanf

Reaction score
My preference is definitely 100% cotton. Once your used to it it takes less than a minute a shirt. You can also iron damp shirts to save drying time if needed.

I have tired a few Iron-free shirts in the past. First one was a Brookes Brother shirt (the famous iron free shirt) and I can't stand it in the summer. It's just not as breathable as cotton. Wore it once for an interview and ended up having to buy a new shirt downtown. Sweat stains within an hour.

As for the feel of the shirt. They don't feel as nice as cotton but its not to bad. I forget about it in a matter of minutes after putting it on. Its not like its course or anything. Just doesn't feel like cotton.

-Felix

Kroaker

Reaction score
My preference is definitely 100% cotton. Once your used to it it takes less than a minute a shirt. You can also iron damp shirts to save drying time if needed.

I have tired a few Iron-free shirts in the past. First one was a Brookes Brother shirt (the famous iron free shirt) and I can't stand it in the summer. It's just not as breathable as cotton. Wore it once for an interview and ended up having to buy a new shirt downtown. Sweat stains within an hour.

As for the feel of the shirt. They don't feel as nice as cotton but its not to bad. I forget about it in a matter of minutes after putting it on. Its not like its course or anything. Just doesn't feel like cotton.

-Felix
The Brooks Brothers shirts are 100% cotton. Are you talking about something from a long time ago?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads