• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Non-AT&T iPhone

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I switched from Verizon to AT&T and have had far less problems with AT&T than Verizon. I never have any dropped calls. The thing always works.

My family is still on Verizon and they are always getting disconnected.

I have been in NYC extensively with my iPhone and never had an issue.

I have told this to people and they have laughed at me. They say things like, you're an idiot, AT&T is so bad. You are insane. Saying that AT&T is better than Verizon seems to make people physically angry. Maybe it is those mine is bigger than yours map advertisements.

The above data is telling. I think people believe what they hear from others and the media far too much. I'll stick with AT&T. I've been in every major U.S. city with my iPhone and not had a moments issue.

Then again, I am one of those people that has never had a problem with Windows Vista because it-just-works.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I much prefer my Blackberry to my friend's iPhone. I'll be sticking with my BB Tour.

Originally Posted by username79
My family is still on Verizon and they are always getting disconnected.

I can't recall ever having a single dropped call since I switched to Verizon a couple of years ago. No one I know has ever complained about a dropped call either.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I will buy an iPhone when they finally make it available on Sprint's reliable network.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if AT&T and Verizon start charging more for the phone once it's available from 2 or more carriers. AT&T's $200 pricing was about marketing and market share at the expense of profits (and it worked).

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had Verizon for over 7 years now and I never once had a dropped call, unless in certain elevators or underground etc where generally no one has service.

I'm in Manhattan and I have 2 roommates along with numerous friends who have iPhones on the AT&T network and they complain quite often about poor call quality, 3G congestion at peak times, and many dropped calls.

Looking forward to getting an Android phone some time in the near future and sticking with the Verizon network.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ don't look forward, just get the damned Android already.

It rocks. I love it

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too have never had a dropped call with Verizon, and I've been with them for about five years now. I've tried every provider except for T-Mobile in the past and have had various problems with all of them except Verizon. I'll probably buy an iPhone if/when Verizon makes it available.

BP348

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
^ don't look forward, just get the damned Android already.

It rocks. I love it

My wife and step son both have DROID phones & love them. I've been thinking about switching my BB for a droid but I'm kind of waiting till I hear if Verizon is getting the iphone.

The thing I like about my wife's droid is that it has a real key board. I've tried a friend's iphone and I don't like typing on it.

Inronegro

Reaction score
Anyone actually tried out the HTC Desire?

Thinking about ordering one in the nextcomming days, but still a bit dissapointed on the design. : - (

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw this out there. My blackberries have always been on Verizon. The voice service has always been great. Never really used the data network for anything too intensive so I can't compare it to an iphone. But my friend's phone is not a blackberry and is on verizon and the service is atrocious. Not sure what the blackberry does, but it made a significant difference.

I still think that chart I linked to earlier is the only data anyone has actually provided that judges the reality of what's going on. Also, there was an article last week about how Apple has engineers that sit at at&t now that basically have become experts on the network and have really fine tuned the interaction of the phone over their network.

When 4G comes out, does that mean that AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon can all use the same handsets? I ask because a lot of the people that don't believe Apple will be rolling out a separate phone for Verizon think it doesn't make sense to create 2 handsets before 4G arrives.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
I still think that chart I linked to earlier is the only data anyone has actually provided that judges the reality of what's going on.

I linked an NY Times article that basically agreed with your chart.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
I just jailbroke and unlocked my iphone years ago. Haven't ran AT&T in a while. I currently pay $50 for unlimited data, calling and tests on a local network. Works great, you just have to be kinda good and with tech to set the phone up right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads