• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nom de guerre

Goldengloves

Reaction score
If only the flight to Europe didn't cost twice that much....

I do agree about the price of that sweater, it is pretty outrageous which is the reason I have not purchased it. I like it though but I can wait for a sale or not get it at all because it definitely isn't thier best or most impressive piece. But argueing about what one finds worthy of his/her money is pointless, especially on a fashion forum.

wttm

Reaction score
Yeah wouldn't drop 500 on it. Was just wondering iftheres a small and see will it last till the sale. Oh well.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wttm
Yeah wouldn't drop 500 on it. Was just wondering iftheres a small and see will it last till the sale. Oh well.

i wouldn't bank on anything for sale season. if you really want something you have to buy it full price. sales season is basically luck of the draw. thats just the way it is with this store b/c half the stock is sold out before sales anyways

Goldengloves

Reaction score
Yea I called the other day to enquire about a few items and both of them were sold out in thier store. I think around this time they are starting to finally get rid of thier Fall/Winter stock, especially thier "cheaper" items. The only good thing I could see maybe being in the sale is a jacket or two and maybe some of thier button up shirts, scarfs, and other little things. I'm crossing my fingers for a jacket though.
smile.gif

ddohnggo

Reaction score
i would NEVER pay that much money for that work sweater. however, at a 40%-60% discount, i would. i really don't think they've sold many of those work sweaters anyways, mainly due to the price, and so i think they'll have a good number for sale time (i could be wrong).

goldengloves what items are they sold out of?

Goldengloves

Reaction score
They were sold out of the Marine Sweater and the jersey cardigan.
I asked them what other knits they had and they have the work sweater left, sailor sweater, and a few others I can't remember right now. Should have asked about the jackets, but I forgot.

Goldengloves

Reaction score
Revive....

So I just got one of thier tees today and the label is upside down....??? Anyone else have thier tee like this? Or is this something related to quality control? None the less, I found it kind of funny.

ruach

Reaction score
I'm going to be doing a little NDG-related mailing list for Blackbird. I'll just be using it to announce arrivals and such so that I can quickly get the word to the people who are most interested. If you'd like to be added to it, message me your E-mail address.

Goldengloves: I should check our NDG stuff to see if we have any label problems. I haven't seen anything like this yet. It isn't, though, nearly as bad as Acne somehow sewing their care labels on the OUTSIDE of all their garments then having to redo them all properly.. sigh.

Goldengloves

Reaction score
ruach-I actually ordered it from you guys over at Blackbird! haha. It's not a big problem, I just found it rather comical.

ruach

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Analog
Does Blackbird have a URL, and do they ship to Canada
smile.gif

We just have a blog which is http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com.

We can definitely ship to Canada. Just send an E-mail to [email protected] or call (206.547.2524). I deal with E-mails and am usually in the store from around 3 or 4 until 7 or 8 on the weekdays so if you ask for Tyler I should be able to help you out.

Orange

Reaction score
Bringing back up an old topic.

What do you guys think about NDG denim specifically the gray/charcoal one. I saw one of the sales people wearing a faded version and I must say the rusty color looks amazing. Is their stuff selveged? It's made in Japan but there isn't a selvege line.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting the charcoal in narrow fit from blackbird soon...
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads