• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nom de guerre ss09

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djh
Made in the USA Fruit of the Loom is pretty good.... but still :/
I think it's pretty awesome that they got Fruit of the Loom to make a special run tee for them in the US. Do they even make their own main line tees in the US? If so, then I take back my first sentence.

aznanon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
I think it's pretty awesome that they got Fruit of the Loom to make a special run tee for them in the US. Do they even make their own main line tees in the US? If so, then I take back my first sentence.

It's just heartbreaking to pay over $100 for it.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
NDG x Club Monaco. Overpriced. Made in Japan doesn't justify the price points.

wttm

Reaction score
I never understood the appeal of NDG for it's price point.
The denim are nice but everything else just doesnt justify the price point it garners.
The only thing that I really really loved was the deconstructed flight jacket then later on something similar in that deck hoodie piece.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wttm
The denim are nice but everything else just doesnt justify the price point it garners.
The only thing that I really really loved was the deconstructed flight jacket then later on something similar in that deck hoodie piece.

Word. I haven't seen much since that deconstructed flight jacket that looked really great. Most of it is eh, alright, but i'd rather spend the money elsewhere at retail. Is a relatively popular niche brand so it doesn't always reach sales either. One of those brands that at this point, i wouldn't be that disappointed if it just died off.

Don't get me wrong, some of the pieces are alright, and i liked most of the ss08 styling. Still...

KaiserSose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Word. I haven't seen much since that deconstructed flight jacket that looked really great. Most of it is eh, alright, but i'd rather spend the money elsewhere at retail. Is a relatively popular niche brand so it doesn't always reach sales either. One of those brands that at this point, i wouldn't be that disappointed if it just died off.

Don't get me wrong, some of the pieces are alright, and i liked most of the ss08 styling. Still...

Stopped by their NYC store today and was disappointed in pretty much all of their new stuff. Some of their older season stuff is still not moving even at 70% off...

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spring is usually decent, but fall/winter is always their strength.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wttm

I like their knits.

wttm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
I like their knits.

Yeah but they are crrrrrrraaaaaazzzzzzzy expensive.
Don't get me wrong, their outwear are usually on point, but for the price?!

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People always complain about NdG prices, but I don't see any cheaper alternatives around with their aesthetic and fit. The quality always seems very good to my untrained eye.

Jeans at $250, wool knits at $350, outerwear generally around the $600-$800 range. A bit on the high side, but not unreasonable.

S/S is not all that exciting for me though. Not bad, but nothing spectacular.

edit: With a 10-20% discount, the prices a bit more affordable. Don't **** this up like EG, people.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads