• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

mikeczyz

Reaction score
First day with my wheat rapids officer boots! Wheat rapids is a waxy nubuck...very fuzzy and supple. extremely comfortable right out of the box.

PXL_20210904_200342904 resized.jpg

PXL_20210904_195253748 resized.jpg

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
@mikeczyz - great pair & great pics. i agree - the contrast kilties looks sweet.

what denim are you rock'n? dig the color, goes great with the Wheat

mikeczyz

Reaction score
@mikeczyz

what denim are you rock'n? dig the color, goes great with the Wheat
thanks!

they ain't cheap, but they fit me really, really well and are super comfortable. I've basically been wearing them non-stop since I bought them a month ago.

nvrp813

Reaction score
Took me three days but finally made it through all 78 pages. I’m sure this story is the same for a lot on this chat but started with Red Wings and now that I’m in my late 30’s, looking to up my boot game to a pair of Nick’s (plus my name is Nick, lol). Some fantastic combinations posted above and I’m very excited for all the leather and style choices.

Like most first time buyers I’m a little nervous about what size to order and have not had great luck with tracing my foot and getting an accurate size from other manufacturers. A 9.5D in my RW Blacksmith fit just about perfect with boot socks. Brannock has me at 10.25 with a width between C and D. I like snug fitting footwear and traditionally size down if the length accommodates. New Balance 515 fit perfect in 10.5D with athletic socks. I wouldn’t say I have anything overly unique with my feet and traditional sizes usually work for me.

Im guessing a 9.5D in Nick’s with the 55 last is a good place to start but happy to listen to anyone’s opinion and experience.

Happy to have found this forum and excited for the journey (half the fun, right?) and many pairs of Nick’s.

montanamike

Reaction score
Took me three days but finally made it through all 78 pages. I’m sure this story is the same for a lot on this chat but started with Red Wings and now that I’m in my late 30’s, looking to up my boot game to a pair of Nick’s (plus my name is Nick, lol). Some fantastic combinations posted above and I’m very excited for all the leather and style choices.

Like most first time buyers I’m a little nervous about what size to order and have not had great luck with tracing my foot and getting an accurate size from other manufacturers. A 9.5D in my RW Blacksmith fit just about perfect with boot socks. Brannock has me at 10.25 with a width between C and D. I like snug fitting footwear and traditionally size down if the length accommodates. New Balance 515 fit perfect in 10.5D with athletic socks. I wouldn’t say I have anything overly unique with my feet and traditional sizes usually work for me.

Im guessing a 9.5D in Nick’s with the 55 last is a good place to start but happy to listen to anyone’s opinion and experience.

Happy to have found this forum and excited for the journey (half the fun, right?) and many pairs of Nick’s.
I'd guess sticking with your RW size as the jump off point which was the case for me and others have reported the same. If you aren't aware, Nicks is offering greater flexibility on exchanges which you might clarify on their website or via customer service if you have any questions. As I understand it, boots in new condition are exchangeable within certain parameters. This is great for the customer as it takes away the risk. I'd assume the most you would be out is the time to flow through production again should it be needed.

From the Nicks site....

Buy With Confidence

Purchasing a handmade boot without trying it first can be nerve-racking. But we believe it doesn’t have to be: Nicks will return and exchange any boot in new condition. Buy with Confidence: Fit concerns? We can exchange them.

Last edited:

Squirrel_

Reaction score

Get ready for a new addiction. Nicks Boots are super addictive with all the beautiful leather and styles they offer. I truly believe it will be my last brand of boots I'll wear till death does us part lol

nvrp813

Reaction score
Get ready for a new addiction. Nicks Boots are super addictive with all the beautiful leather and styles they offer. I truly believe it will be my last brand of boots I'll wear till death does us part lol

For sure! I already have about five configurations I’m contemplating.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this boot stuff. I would definitely start with a 9.5D and would not be surprised if those work the best. Like Mike said, we have one of the more flexible return policies in this niche so if it doesn't work it's not the end of the world. Welcome aboard!

montanamike

Reaction score
Interesting. I was under the impression Nick’s fit a little more narrow than RW.
Red Wing uses different lasts within their line as Nicks does. This coupled with all of us having somewhat unique anatomy means hard rules are hard to come by. It may slow things down a bit but try on pairs are an option also if you prefer that route.. Once you have your size/last preference, the boot world is your oyster.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradrexro