• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

TyrLI

Reaction score
How much difference do you notice between the 2E and Nick's single E? I've been sized a 2E width since I've been 14, but very few mass produced shoes have both an E & EE options.
Nicks run a bit wide. They're comfy and not overly snug. Plenty of room in the toebox of my steel toes

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much difference do you notice between the 2E and Nick's single E? I've been sized a 2E width since I've been 14, but very few mass produced shoes have both an E & EE options.
whatever your true to size width is on the brannock measurement go with it. I’ve sized one width smaller then what my measurements are and it was too tight for me so use me as a example. Also that same size boot I’m referring to was also a half size to long and it didn’t make up for the width being too tight (hnw last) Nicks boots are big boots but you should go TTS width and then 1/2 size to a full size down in length. I think that works for most people.

Faethor

Reaction score
whatever your true to size width is on the brannock measurement go with it. I’ve sized one width shorter then what my measurements are and it was too tight for me so use me as a example. Also that same size boot I’m referring to was also a half size to long and it didn’t make up for the width being too tight. Nicks boots are big boots but you should go TTS width and then 1/2 size to a full size down in length. I think that works for most people.
That's what I've been leaning towards so far, but more information is never a bad thing.
Having never being able to compare an E to an EE though makes me wonder a bit.

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I've been leaning towards so far, but more information is never a bad thing.
Having never being able to compare an E to an EE though makes me wonder a bit.
The width won’t stretch in a nicks boot the way it would in say a Saucony walking shoe. It’s not even worth worrying about how they compare imo just go with whatever width you really are and you’ll be fine I’m actually sizing up another width from what my real size is in my pending order. I have wide feet and I don’t think nicks boots “run wide” but then again I’m sure somebody with narrow feet feel like they do.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Nicks Boots Shuyler - can you clarify if a toe cap can be done on the double stuffed MTO?
I’m going to go with a no on the toe cap for now, the leather is quite thick so I’m worried about it being unwieldy and we won’t have a ton of it so I worry about the toe cap pieces reducing how many we can make. Happy to revisit as we get through a few.

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
The W&C double stuffed has definitely piqued my interest... how would you describe it to someone who's familiar with their Oiled Latigo and English Bridle?

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The W&C double stuffed has definitely piqued my interest... how would you describe it to someone who's familiar with their Oiled Latigo and English Bridle?
I actually don’t know, but will be back in the office Thursday. I am visiting other tanneries right now, actually. Did you get a chance to watch the video?

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score

I talked to Matt from W&C today. First off, he's a super cool guy! My take away about Double Stuffed is that it is like Latigo "extra". Matt said the DS may potentially be a little more pliable/soft than Latigo which is a drier leather. I invited him to the thread so hopefully he has a chance to swing by & chat it up with us

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
I talked to Matt from W&C today. First off, he's a super cool guy! My take away about Double Stuffed is that it is like Latigo "extra". Matt said the DS may potentially be a little more pliable/soft than Latigo which is a drier leather. I invited him to the thread so hopefully he has a chance to swing by & chat it up with us

Awesome, thanks!!

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
i, basically, just said "f it" and pulled the trigger lol.

this is the way

Same. But if I can add a toe can im going to add it!

Nicks does a wicked toe cap & if the DS-MTO had the option I'd likely go for it. Shuyler has solid points & good reason for keeping it off the table for now though. If this leather is as intense as I'm imagining the toe cap could be challenging to last. With a massive amount of pull-up it would be easy to have the cap & vamp look like 2 different leathers.

Here's my first pair of Nick from July 2018 which is my benchmark of a perfect toe cap

roberts 7:19:18.jpeg

Faethor

Reaction score
@Nicks Boots Shuyler

I just tried to call the company to ask some questions and your menu system is not working. It just keeps repeating the menu options over and over again and won't connect to anything. Is there a problem with the phone systems currently?

Edit: I sent an email which was replied to and was told everything should be working. Tried again and got through this time without issues. Not sure why it wouldn't work the first time.

Last edited:

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know what the catch all does? I have one and can’t seem to even imagine what it’s supposed to be used for lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads