• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Boots

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@whirling thanks and yes they are new. Just a month or two old. They are breaking in nicely. The arch is definitely a different feel from what I'm used to. Domaine leather looks like it will be tough. Very please over all.

NorthCoast

Reaction score

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is it I JUST learned that Nick's does actual foot measurements for custom boots? Damn

Whirling

Reaction score

How is it I JUST learned that Nick's does actual foot measurements for custom boots? Damn

White's and Wesco will too. They try to use a standard last, but will customize if indicated. They all have so many widths and different styles of lasts that few people require full custom. Kyle at BakerShoe.com sells all of them, is very knowledgeable, and charges less than going direct.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

White's and Wesco will too. They try to use a standard last, but will customize if indicated. They all have so many widths and different styles of lasts that few people require full custom. Kyle at BakerShoe.com sells all of them, is very knowledgeable, and charges less than going direct.
I was under the impression whites and wesco charge extra for this?

Whirling

Reaction score
I was under the impression whites and wesco charge extra for this?

I am not 100% sure, but I think they all charge more if they need to customize a last for you, as opposed to just finding one that works. If Nick's doesn't charge, that would, indeed, be great to know.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
I am not 100% sure, but I think they all charge more if they need to customize a last for you, as opposed to just finding one that works. If Nick's doesn't charge, that would, indeed, be great to know.

Yes, you are correct.

When I was at Trickers and found out their standard 5 fit is a little wide on me they told me they could make me a custom last. Apparently it takes 3 sessions in order for them to do that. I put that on my lottery to do list.

It has to be awesome to have a custom last made for you and blissful to wear the resulting fully customized boot.

ultrark2004

Reaction score
I believe Nicks has this for custom
CUSTOM FITTING
Custom Fitted to measurements (foot) $125.00
Special Upper Hand Cut to leg patterns $75.00
Nicks Contender line of boots use McKay lockstitch construction, and are triple stitched. First, it is stitched through the leather liner, the ten iron insole, and the twelve iron middlesole with one row of McKay Lockstitching. Then the vamp (the toe piece) is turned out and double stitched (two rows) to the middle sole and the outsole. Custom patterns and fitting are not available in this type of construction. Because of a few less manufacturing steps, these boots cost a little less than the Welted styles. Nicks makes every effort to ensure that you have the best fit available. The “Contender” (this is what we call our McKay Stitched line of boots) is only available in stock sizes. If you have special or unusual fitting requirements, we suggest you consider a welted boot.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe Nicks has this for custom
CUSTOM FITTING
Custom Fitted to measurements (foot) $125.00 Special Upper Hand Cut to leg patterns $75.00
[COLOR=444444]Nicks Contender line of boots use McKay lockstitch construction, and are triple stitched. First, it is stitched through the leather liner, the ten iron insole, and the twelve iron middlesole with one row of McKay Lockstitching. Then the vamp (the toe piece) is turned out and double stitched (two rows) to the middle sole and the outsole. Custom patterns and fitting are not available in this type of construction. Because of a few less manufacturing steps, these boots cost a little less than the Welted styles. Nicks makes every effort to ensure that you have the best fit available. The “Contender” (this is what we call our McKay Stitched line of boots) is only available in stock sizes. If you have special or unusual fitting requirements, we suggest you consider a welted boot.
[/COLOR]
ah, ok. where did you see this/

ultrark2004

Reaction score
In f.a.q. I believe that a welted is the only boot they will do custom. Sometimes i believe this is misinterpreted. I sent in all my tracings to Bakers & they determined that needed a size 8 in 1 boot & a 9 1/2 in the other do they sent those sizes as try on boots finally wound up with a 8ee & 91/2d but the boots from Whites are standard SD lasts & from Nicks standard 55 last in a Roberts boot. So different sizing in your order is not considered custom sizing. If you watch the video from wranglerstar where they add leather here or there then keep the info for later on for a customer that has been sized for custom boots

Royteane

Reaction score

My first Nicks just arrived, far more comfortable than my composite toe SJ.

Royteane

Reaction score
Good eyes, you have. They are shell cordovan which I provided to them. Sorry that I really forget about its cost because it is more than 30 weeks passed.They are not my first shell shoes but I'm surprised that the bend area faded very fast, I need to apply venetien onto the bend to maintain color consistency... just after 2 wear while my other shell usually 3 months.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads