• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Boots

Reaction score
I finished negotiating a build with Kyle. The expected wait is currently 8-12 weeks. Christmas is on the horizon. Nicks is reportedly trying to move to a new location. I'm not feeling very optimistic about these boots being built in 8 weeks (the short side of the estimate).

Nick’s Ranger
Black Strap Leather
8” height
Mini Vibram sole (430)
Single row welt
Dogger heel base
#2 Toe
Brogue/dress toe cap
Black edge
Black hardware - all eyelets
No logos
Cut top
Pull loops
Soft Toe (no celastic)
Plain toe lace design
Bellows style tongue (for extra room to cram my "high-volume" feet through the shaft)

Now I need to figure out how to distract myself for the next 12 weeks.

skyfall

Reaction score

What would you all recommend for a police boot?

I live in Indiana so I have all seasons. Black is a must. I'm still young and get into foot pursuits so something that I can run in is a must. 

I wear class A uniforms most of the time so something that looks good is nice, too. 

Thanks!

Dont think nicks makes anything close to police boots...

Recommend you have a look at cove shoe co(corcoran) or the military collection from sanders...

http://sanders.shop-pro.jp/?mode=cate&cbid=1372500&csid=0

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finished negotiating a build with Kyle. The expected wait is currently 8-12 weeks. Christmas is on the horizon. Nicks is reportedly trying to move to a new location. I'm not feeling very optimistic about these boots being built in 8 weeks (the short side of the estimate).

Nick’s Ranger
Black Strap Leather
8” height
Mini Vibram sole (430)
Single row welt
Dogger heel base
#2 Toe
Brogue/dress toe cap
Black edge
Black hardware - all eyelets
No logos
Cut top
Pull loops
Soft Toe (no celastic)
Plain toe lace design
Bellows style tongue (for extra room to cram my "high-volume" feet through the shaft)

Now I need to figure out how to distract myself for the next 12 weeks.

nice! are these the (rolled) welted line or the contender?

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. If I understand correctly, the Ranger utilizes the McKay lockstitch method and I would have to upgrade to the Homesteader to get the rolled-welt that I think you are referring to.

Ahh good to know. I like my contender/mckay stitch boots just fine, but I'm thinking of getting a rolled-welt model at some point to find out if/how they wear differently.

daveinsweethome

Reaction score
just got my stock Roberts boots overnight air today. seidel brown. just a gorgeous boot prettier than the picture online and a bit heavier leather than my bison whites. they say 100 hr break in and I think that will probably be about right. but they fit perfectly on me 11 e right off their stock shelf. very happy boy here. box says contender. between whites and Roberts I need to cull down what indicates to me and find makeups that really appeal to me and don't just duplicate other boots. ie sole,heels, lasts configuration. I have only one weird boot a plain toe work boot from alden 306 in 11 3e plain jane, wide and tan like oatmeal paid $300 for the boot. just now pizzaszlllllll

Reaction score
Ahh good to know. I like my contender/mckay stitch boots just fine, but I'm thinking of getting a rolled-welt model at some point to find out if/how they wear differently.
I would also be curious to hear if the rolled-welt felt/wore differently.

I don't recall seeing it stated in black and white, but I inferred that trimming the sole close would potentially negate the extra rebuilds that the rolled-welt would provide.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I've just received a pair of stock Roberts as well. Will concur with @daveinsweethome that it's a gorgeous pair of boots.

It's a distinctive style. The leather looks beautiful and is quite thick. I was expecting something similar to the Horween Chromexcel that a lot of folks use and this Seidel Domaine feels much heavier. Color is really nice, as is the finishing overall.

I went with a stock size 11D based on my Alden Barrie/Trubalance size.

Been wearing them around inside and here are my current fit thoughts:

They will definitely take some time to break in.

It's a bit tough getting my feet in through the ankle bend (especially one foot that must have a slightly higher arch or the boot has a fractionally smaller opening). I wonder if this is something that I can adjust for on a future pair.

Once in the boots seem to have just the right amount of room, though I'm not sure if they aren't a touch long (using the Nicks thumb-width test). It's hard to tell where the end of my toes are since the toe box is quite stiff.

The arch is definitely a very different feel. This is the area that I'm trying to figure out. The support feels like it is pretty well centered under my arch, perhaps a little more toward the heel than towards the ball.

Anyone have thoughts on how the arch should feel?

Also planning to send in measurements for an 8 inch boot. Maybe Ranger, maybe Homesteader, maybe Ridgeline. But I'm impatient and figured I'd give the stick boots a go first.

Will post some photos too, of course.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads