• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Boots

daveinsweethome

Reaction score
frank, I was at Bakers today and took my new Robert in. they are going to cut the tongue down about 2 inches to allow easier entry. any cobbler can do this pretty cheaply.
also, found out that they loved the leather too and the toe is probably a #2 which surprised them
the arch is a little wider from nicks than whites also it is a bit higher.. to me it feels equally as comfortable either way.
I noticed that the 11e of mine is a little longer too. could have probably gone with a 10 1/2
today I ordered a olive cxl Roberts after returning another pair that never fit.
I was really impressed with this boot and how both my sd whites and nicks Roberts accomplish their goals. really rugged quality footwear. took my best friend and he was put into a pair of Lowa Tibet goretex boots. amazing german wonders. whites were exactly wrong for him. you should check them out on bakers site.

offrd63fj40

Reaction score
I have been looking at both the High Sierra, and the Ridgeline boots, and I'm going back and forth with the #3, and the #4 toe. This will be my first pair of Nicks boots, so I haven't yet tried either of these boots on yet. I do own a pair of Whites SJ's, and BH's . Could any of you that have both White's and Nicks say witch toe is most like the BH? or the SJ? I was guessing the smoke jumper to be like the #4?

thanks

ultrark2004

Reaction score
Semi dress #3 toe in nicks these Roberts are #3. My BH are very close to the Roberts

Chawk806

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice!! Love the heel on them! BTW - I used to have that same sofa. LOL

daveinsweethome

Reaction score
they must have sold a million of them . my wife and I bought one as newlyweds.

daveinsweethome

Reaction score

here ya go. I must say these are much more comfortable out of the box than I anticipated. I had the tongue cut down anticipating trouble entering the shoe. not at all now. they are noticeably thicker than my sd bison whites. both are tts in my 11e. I am a very happy customer of both companies currently. these stock Roberts truly exceeded my uneducated expectations.

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out in the wet and doing a fine job

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are from Zuriick. Take a look at their site and offerings. The William model. Only had the heel tapered locally by Brass, but that's not visible in the photo. Full pics of the boots earlier in the thread if I recall.

Last edited:

offrd63fj40

Reaction score
I was talking to Gary at Nicks a few weeks ago and he said they were not taking any more orders for the Road Champs until they revamped the last. Has any one here heard any thing more about this? Time Line? I guess I waited a little to late to get my order in. From what I've read, WESCO's don't have much of an arch, and my year old Whites seem to have lost there arch already. They are currently being re shanked, re arched and re soled by Nicks right now. Maybe I'll rethink a Black Strap Homesteader.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads