• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
saw this last nite. i thought it was great, really entertaining....Michael Sera and Kat Denning were really good, both did their characters perfectly and the interaction between them seemed very genuine like how it might actually happen for reals

the only criticism, and it would apply to most teen movies, is that since they're written by 20-30 something writers the dialogue is always too self aware and too clever in a way that a real 17 year old probably wouldnt be like. but I can't imagine anyone going to see this and leaving not being entertained, unless you are a complete curmudgeon with no joy for life

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I thought Squid and the Whale was rather good - I can watch Jeff Daniels in anything though. Also unfortunately accurate for one who went through all that.

On the other hand I would sooner go Oedipus on my eyeballs then watch Nick and Norah.

Bird's One View

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Juno minus the teenage pregnancy part.

aka the plot device that provides the stakes ...

It's as if circa 1980 some guys wanted to emulate the success of STAR WARS so they made a movie about Han Solo, only there was no Force or Galactic Empire or anything else of consequence.

The movie was SPACE HUNTER: ADVENTURES IN THE FORBIDDEN ZONE. Molly Ringwald was kind of hot, but since she was a robot, also kind of creepy.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bird's One View
aka the plot device that provides the stakes ...

It's as if circa 1980 some guys wanted to emulate the success of STAR WARS so they made a movie about Han Solo, only there was no Force or Galactic Empire or anything else of consequence.

The movie was SPACE HUNTER: ADVENTURES IN THE FORBIDDEN ZONE. Molly Ringwald was kind of hot, but since she was a robot, also kind of creepy.

Is Harrison Ford the only star to survive Star Wars?

englanderjk

Reaction score
WTF? If I don't like the Cera/Page youth movement (Denning notwithstanding) and aren't into their bullshit I'm a curmudgeon. Make it so then. Might I add as most curmudgeons might, that you're an asshole for saying so.

Originally Posted by Get Smart
saw this last nite. i thought it was great, really entertaining....Michael Sera and Kat Denning were really good, both did their characters perfectly and the interaction between them seemed very genuine like how it might actually happen for reals

the only criticism, and it would apply to most teen movies, is that since they're written by 20-30 something writers the dialogue is always too self aware and too clever in a way that a real 17 year old probably wouldnt be like. but I can't imagine anyone going to see this and leaving not being entertained, unless you are a complete curmudgeon with no joy for life

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks terrible. I've been a Cera fan since Season 1 of Arrested Development, but I'm getting a little tired of his shtick. I'll still check it out, but I'm not optimistic...

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw it today and thought it was awesome.

Also, if anyone wants to see full frontal of the girl that played Tris, check out Broken Flowers (Jim Jarmusch, circa 2006) with Bill Murray; she was much hotter in N&NIP though.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Is it just me, or are they really milking this 'alternative-indie-teenager' demographic for all its worth? Even the trailers seems so forced and packaged... OMG YOU'RE LIKE, TOTALLY MY MUSIC SOUL MATE... This Movie = 1. Michael Cera 2. Random quirky-kind-of-cute girl 3. "mainstream-indie" soundtrack 4. ??? -------------- 5. PROFIT! The whole genre jumped the shark with Juno.
Recently saw this one...
rocketsciencenewposter.jpg
Not bad, but not good either. That being said, I'll probably check out Nick and Norah's too.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see Cera branch out from playing the same character he's been playing since 2003, because I think he is actually a pretty good actor.

Ellen Page, however, makes me want to die.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Ellen Page, however, makes me want to die.

She makes me want to sex her.
Diff'rent strokes.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Is Harrison Ford the only star to survive Star Wars?

Even though it only featured his voice, James Earl Jones has done quite well for himself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads