• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For those interested, Nicholas Templeman is coming to the US this October. He's a bespoke shoemaker who formerly worked as a last maker and fitter at John Lobb of St. James in London (he was there for seven years). At his new company, he will be making shoes essentially from start to finish.The uppers will occasionally be stitched by outworkers, if Nicholas gets backed up, but the last making, lasting, welting, and fitting will all be done by him. Here is his current travel itinerary for fall.

New York City
Friday the 9th, and Saturday the 10th of October
The Benjamin, 125 East 50th Street

Boston
Monday the 12th, and Tuesday the 13th of October
The Eliot Hotel, 370 Commonwealth Avenue

Chicago
Wednesday the 14th, and Thursday the 15th of October
The Drake Hotel, 140 East Walton Place

San Francisco
Friday the 16th, and Saturday the 17th of October
The Westin St Francis on Union Square​

Note: I'm not getting anything in return for posting about Nicholas here. I don't even have an order with him at the moment (paid, discounted, free, or otherwise). Nothing of that sort has ever been discussed or even brought up. I've just been in correspondence with him and think he's a talented, down-to-earth guy, so it would be nice to see him succeed. Given that small-house makers often suffer from lack of publicity, it seemed good to mention his travel schedule to people who might be interested in his work.

Anyway, if you order something, I encourage you to post photos here. I know some members are already clients (e.g. @jerrybrowne). Here are some photos from his Facebook and Instagram accounts. You can also visit his main website.

Last edited:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Been reading a lot about him lately. Looks like he is hitting the ground running.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be in the city that weekend for the Nike Women's Half-Marathon. I've asked for an appointment.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Familiar face in this John Lobb video

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Familiar face in this John Lobb video

Please, let the poor man be! - That's what Nicholas has to say about the video:

It was brought to my attention recently that, despite my best efforts, there's a still video floating around on YouTube of an interview of sorts that I did a long, long time ago. Watching myself in that sort of thing makes me cringe, so I thought it probably best to just get it out of the way and bury it before anyone upon across it and brings it up, ever again.
I was just a young lad in the trade back then, carefree and innocent, in urgent need of a haircut, 8 kilo's heavier and I wasn't aware I was even going to be filmed until about 30 seconds before they started rolling the camera.

http://www.nicholastempleman.com/blog.html

A bit like the late Romy Schneider, who as a very young woman had her first (huge) success in three sentimental bio-pics about "Sissy" (Empress Elizabeth of Austria). Whatever her efforts as an actress, at least in Germany and Austria she was always identified with that part.

Schneider once said in an interview: "Sissy sticks to me like semolina pudding" (Sissy klebt an mir wie Grießbrei)

ntempleman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too late to claim an actor was drafted in to play my role? Waste of time really, he was useless in front of the camera. He looks kind of short too, I'm 6" in real life.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Please, let the poor man be! - That's what Nicholas has to say about the video:
A bit like the late Romy Schneider, who as a very young woman had her first (huge) success in three sentimental bio-pics about "Sissy" (Empress Elizabeth of Austria). Whatever her efforts as an actress, at least in Germany and Austria she was always identified with that part.

Schneider once said in an interview: "Sissy sticks to me like semolina pudding" (Sissy klebt an mir wie Grießbrei)

Too late to claim an actor was drafted in to play my role? Waste of time really, he was useless in front of the camera. He looks kind of short too, I'm 6" in real life.

Whoops, was that video not supposed to be shared? I actually thought it was quite nice.

Also worried what Nicholas is going to think of my appearance if he think he looks bad in that video.

ntempleman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The logo looks like a direct lift up from Lobb's famous lamp on St James' street. This is... amusing.

Andrey

I was ripping off the Maxwell logo, a Delos heel detail, a picture in Schneider's window, a Tuczec boot sample and a doodle from Chas Moykopf's diary, actually. The Lobb lamp never even crossed my mind.

But if you find that amusing, wait until you hear my jokes!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads