• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL 2011-2012 Thread

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hahahahaha boudreau got canned. now he can go back to making awful commercials and eating cheeseburgers. im surpised he lasted longer than carlyle in anaheim and maurice in carolina. to be honest, he was a good coach, but i dont know about keeping ovie on a short leash.

im in london, and was just reading an article about the knights in the local paper literally 5 minutes ago. talked about how dale was such a great coach and experienced player, how he'd never gotten offers for an nhl job and loved it in the ohl, then i come on here and see this. hilarious.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

hahahahaha boudreau got canned. now he can go back to making awful commercials and eating cheeseburgers. im surpised he lasted longer than carlyle in anaheim and maurice in carolina. to be honest, he was a good coach, but i dont know about keeping ovie on a short leash.

He needed to go. I never got his rationale for the short leash. Each time he was asked he always stumbled over a team element and a team effort and how people are gunning for OV, etc. All I know is that OV has 17 points this season, is seeing 6-8 minutes less a game and has rode pine during PP and OT. I don't care what you're trying to do, OV needs to be able to make and participate in big plays. It seems Boud was fighting the obvious.

Now if only Green can get healthy...

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very interested in seeing how this turns out. I grew up watching Dale play. Still have a Caps Dale Hunter jersey hanging in my closet...

+1

I got the privilege of actually being at the famous Game 7 in '88 to witness The Goal. Still one of the most memorable moments of my childhood. Would love to see him take the success he's had in London and bring it back to Washington. I'll be pulling for him.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
people love dale here in london. he's taken a team of undrafted castaways (houser) and 16 year olds (domi) and turned it into a team that was #1 in the CHL. early in the season, but the guy knows his stuff.

maurice got canned too. hmm... who's next. really excited to see what muller can do behind the bench, i thought he did a great job with montreal.

Last edited:

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nice tribute to the boogeyman before wild/flames tonight.

Yes, it was. Very touching.

not sure if anybody besides Teacher follows college hockey, but last night's BU/Cornell game was quite exciting.

I wish I could have seen it. UND is finally showing some non-suck, too.

Just know I cry every night for having drafted him in fantasy and for some reason keep talking myself out of cutting him... :confused:

He's not producing this year? I only really follow the Wild.

hahahahaha boudreau got canned. now he can go back to making awful commercials and eating cheeseburgers.

What commercials has he done? I don't think I've seen him in any. Were they Canadian?

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so, so painful to watch. also, ketchup face:

one more youtube for ya. this year's 24/7 :slayer:

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh dear. I don't know whether I should laugh or cry. All I can do is renew my assertion that BB looks like a huge, scary baby.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

He's not producing this year? I only really follow the Wild.

7 points in 20 games. 0 PIM. I'm waiting for him to break out. Especially on the Sharks, I feel like that team is always waiting in the wings to catch fire. Perhaps I am too optimistic...

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

7 points in 20 games. 0 PIM. I'm waiting for him to break out. Especially on the Sharks, I feel like that team is always waiting in the wings to catch fire. Perhaps I am too optimistic...

Huh. How many minutes is he generally playing per game? He was regarded as one of the best offensive defensemen in the game, which is why I was so sad to see him go. Just give him a little time -- he was a real dynamo when playing in St. Paul.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

I wish I could have seen it. UND is finally showing some non-suck, too.

The game didn't end my way, obviously, but it was a great time. BU came out strong in the first and was very physical. Cornell was called for a penalty, then two seconds later was called for interference giving BU a 5X3 for 1:58. I thought the second call was really weak, but I'll have to see a replay just to be sure. BU converted on the PP. Cornell couldn't get much going to start, they looked nervous, but in the second I guess they realized they had no problem skating with BU and really dominated the period. BU was on their heels most of the time, and Cornell could have easily put it away. Why didn't they? BU blocked a lot of shots (21 total), and the ones they didn't block were plagued by poor aim. The same could be said for passes all night, Cornell didn't play a particularly polished game. They were mistakes that showed they were a team with 4 seniors and 10 freshmen. The third was a bit more even, though my goggles say Cornell still outplayed BU in that period, and they eventually got the tying goal. There was some controversy over the no-goal that would have given Cornell the lead, but the right call was made. IMO it would be better to focus on finishing opportunities (like the ones earned in the second) than focusing on a fluke goal like that. OT was good, Cornell had some great chances, but BU put it away on a killer deflection that Iles had no chance on.

I hope some highlights or a replay is posted somewhere.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Huh. How many minutes is he generally playing per game? He was regarded as one of the best offensive defensemen in the game, which is why I was so sad to see him go. Just give him a little time -- he was a real dynamo when playing in St. Paul.

Oh for sure. I went to college with a bunch of Wild fans and was able to see what he could do for them. I know he's really talented. I think the new Sharks defensive core has yet to hit their stride. He clocks just below 23:00 ATOI and usually sees time with Boyle or Vlasic so I'm assuming he'll jump out at some point. All their D men are in the 7-10 point range thus far so not like he's slumping on the team, just that guys like M-A Bergeron are pushing 20 in the same span.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think Shanahan knows what he's doing anymore. Phaneuf on Da Costa, Malone on Campoli, Wolski on Alfie (not to mention the Lucic on Miller laugher) were all OK but Pacioretty on Letang is worth three games?

The suspension isn't the problem for me (I thought it deserved 1-2), it's the enforcement. What you're basically telling guys is the following:

"You can run over a player (even a goalie) any way you want as long as it isn't from the blindside and you don't target the head. If you do hit a player like that, we will flip a coin and you might be suspended or you might not".

No consistency, no clarity in the ruling, and no real sense among players or fans that Shanny has a clear idea of what is a suspendable hit.

The NHL just keeps speeding towards the pits, unfortunately.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In other news, Boudreau is finally fired, two years too late in my opinion. He took a loaded team and let them rip in the regular season but was absolutely inept in the playoffs. I was shocked the Capitals kept him around as long as they did, even moreso considering how much of a PR nightmare he was for them.

Mr. Bananagrabber

Reaction score

In other news, Boudreau is finally fired, two years too late in my opinion. He took a loaded team and let them rip in the regular season but was absolutely inept in the playoffs. I was shocked the Capitals kept him around as long as they did, even moreso considering how much of a PR nightmare he was for them.

Huh? What do you mean by that?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads