• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL 2011-2012 Thread

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what was wrong in anaheim anyways? not like they lost anybody important

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aw man, mike grier retired. what a great grinder; i feel like he's been in the league forever.

blackfs.jpg

ummm

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Wow. Nice headline ESPN. :uhoh:

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uh, yeah....:facepalm:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
a small distraction from the regular NHL talk (again), but I found this picture to be funny:

addon.php

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That Clarkson fan looks like he's pondering their conference record.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to go to Hockey Camp (Howie Meeker Hockey School) at Potsdam University, right down the road from Clarkson.

So, who's the best fighter in the NHL right now?

Sancho Panzo Christ

Reaction score
Asham has been looking pretty good in the fight department lately.

last night during the red wings game, they showed an old fight between bob probert and ty domi (sp?). it was awesome.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
speaking of fighting, the NY Times articles on Derek Boogaard are great reads.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I should look those up. The funny thing is, everybody always said that Boogaard was one of the kindest, gentlest people they knew off the ice.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do have one question: with all the coaching moves of late, why have the Islanders not fired their head coach? That team has had years and years of whacky management...isn't it about time for some stability and sanity?

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do have one question: with all the coaching moves of late, why have the Islanders, flames, blue jackets, habs, and avalanche not fired their head coach? Those teams have had years and years of whacky management...isn't it about time for some stability and sanity?

ftfy. so many organizations who are just determined to spin their wheels...

of course it goes deeper than the head coach but the first axe has to drop somewhere.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whoaaaa new 4 conference realignment got approved. home and homes for all, playoffs are going to be pretty damn interesting now. i like it. best teams in the final as opposed to best in west vs best in east. c/p from hfboards:

Four teams from each conference.

Each conference plays through their own teams for two rounds for a conference champ.
Reseed final four.
Thus you can have Detroit/San Jose or Boston/Rangers matchup for the cup being possible

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382065

totally unrelated, that markov signing is looking ******* brilliant. don't know what the habs brain trust was thinking on that one.

Last edited:

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whoaaaa new 4 conference realignment got approved. home and homes for all, playoffs are going to be pretty damn interesting now. i like it. best teams in the final as opposed to best in west vs best in east. c/p from hfboards:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382065
totally unrelated, that markov signing is looking ******* brilliant. don't know what the habs brain trust was thinking on that one.

We've been over this a million times.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i know we have.

"hey guys he's coming back this weekend!"
"LOL kidding, out 6 more weeks for another knee surgery."

if the dude comes back and plays 2 full seasons putting up 40+ pts per, I'll gladly eat my words. until then i have him lumped in with dipietro and connolly.

phaneuf completely dumped sauer tonight, what an awesome ******* hit. helmet flew off and everything, classic stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads