• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL 2011-2012 Thread

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And if you commit to a check, then he moves at the last minute and you wind up getting him on the chin, what then? I have to say, I was not expecting the Malone no-call from Shanny but it was a good message to send. I'm not sure it was the right check on which to send that message because I think Malone may have been able to avoid him and there was a third guy in there setting Campoli up. But I'm glad the word's out. No suspensions for Edler and Sturm, which I'm pleased with as a shameless homer.

Guys were suspended for way less than Malone. The only message Shanny sent with that decision was that the "Wheel of Justice" might be back.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the call that Shanny and his people had on Malone. The explanation he gave was clear in that the play changed at the last possible moment causing Malone to have contact with the head. Good call by them.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is that pat tillman on there? classy. i like the digital camo theme but if you're gonna go with famous dead army ranger + camo then i dunno what those random other dudes are doing in there. overall looks like a mess but he had a good thing going there.

ha, seriously. unclaimed, too... i heard his agent talking about how he would be good for a team that lacks grit. i honestly cant speak about the guy that much since i dont know about him outside of his shenanigans but im pretty sure there's better ways to get grit than to bring avery into the fold. i think i posted something about avery fading into obscurity at some point this season... looks like it just happened.

maybe he can make friends with wade :laugh:

also, last day before the regular season. my girlfriend is quite upset.

edit: hurr read about it on nhl.com and i guess they all have to do with tillman.

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like cherry, but god damn was that coaches corner infuriating. he challenges shanny with how he would suspend scott stevens who was such an "awesome player and awesome hitter," and then he shows a montage of lindros and kariya amongst others getting brutally headshotted and knocked out by stevens after their skulls bounce off the ******* ice.

ugh. again. love the guy but he is really stuck in the past. thats the whole ******* point of this ****. it wasnt stigmatized before and it is now because people are speaking out about it after their brains turn into scrambled eggs. yeah stevens was a badass hockey player but seriously? lindros AND kariya had to retire from concussion-related stuff and he has the ******* gall to show clips of those guys getting their bells rung and then using that to complain about the state of the game?

******* ridiculous.

Last edited:

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****. SCOTT. STEVENS.

If he played today he wold be suspended 90% of the time for his ridiculous headshots, and rightfully so. That guy was a disgrace and the fact that he's lionized by people like Cherry makes me sick.

Last edited:

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 I'm so glad I don't have to see Don Cherry's ugly mug on TV.

On another note, Jagr is looking amazing on the Flyers.:slayer:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
reimer :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

dislike the leafs, love reimer. good-natured kid, down to earth, humble, thankful for what he has, works hard, goes to church on sunday. pro athletes take note: you need not be raging egotistical douchebags, you can be a genuine nice guy and still do well for yourself. god i ******* love that guy. i hope he doesn't **** the bed this season, and not for toronto's sake.

Last edited:

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG... Flyers won... so this is how it feels like to have a real goalie :inlove:

Last edited:

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Ok I think it's official, Lord Barrington should be watching ******* Ringette. Seriously do you just want to get rid of big hits entirely? Christ.

Post your pool team... 20 teams in our draft, snake format, I picked 4th overall so here are my picks.

Overall Pick # / Player

4. Daniel Sedin (obvious pick)

37. Claude Giroux (pretty happy to get him this late)

44. Alex Semin (sniped by the guy in front of me, wanted Heater but Semin is fine)

77. David Backes

84. Andrew Ladd (someone has to score for the Jets and now I have a reason to cheer for them)

117. Devin Setoguchi (since I got sniped on Heatley this is the consolation)

124. T.J. Oshie (have a good feeling, breakout time)

157. Tomas Fleischmann (expect him to get good minutes / pp time after signing for so much $)

164. Tim Connnolly (held my nose, risk/reward based on injury and hey look he's already out of commission)

197. Magnus Paajarvi (only need 40 points, but he has a strong upside)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads