• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL 2011-2012 Thread

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This hasn't been mentioned yet, but the NHL will have a HUGE opportunity to sell itself to the casual US Sports fan this season with the impending NBA lockout...hope they don't drop the ball, and have lots of high scoring, action packed games with a few good fisticuffs.

Don't get your hopes up, NYR. They'll ******* up, like they always do.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahaha holy ****, did he punch him in the throat or something?

edit: you like that tying goal AR? luongo didnt, lulz

Last edited:

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I remember when a ton of Habs fans wanted to sign Winchester because he can fight. Forget that he sucks at everything else. they wanted a fighter. Looks like he can't even do that anymore.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clark McArthur complaining about his suspension: "When you go to finish your hit, you really have to weigh the factors of that" and "...the responsibility is only on the player without the puck now".

Uh...that's the whole damn point, Clark. Some of these guys are freakin' morons.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score

Clark McArthur complaining about his suspension: "When you go to finish your hit, you really have to weigh the factors of that" and "...the responsibility is only on the player without the puck now".
Uh...that's the whole damn point, Clark. Some of these guys are freakin' morons.

Well, no, the point he's making is that the guy with the puck SHOULD have some responsibility not to put himself in a vulnerable position where he's going to get hurt. As it is, guys are discouraged from throwing what they expect will be clean checks, because of some unforseen development which will make the split-second timing difference between a shoulder landing on a dude's logo versus his chin. I agree with him, if it turns out that it's consistently called that way. However, this preseason, most of those suspensions are pretty blatant and it wasn't the guy getting hit who caused the problem, and also, it was important to put everyone on notice that the new rules would be strictly enforced. Going forward, what McArthur is saying needs to be taken into account when determining whether a hit is a 2 minute minor or a suspension.

Also, dear Canucks, if no one else wants Avery please pluck him off the waiver wire.

So, homeriffic predictions for the reg season anyone?

Northwest - Canucks
Pacific - Sharks
Central - Preds (out on a limb)
Northeast - Sabres
Southeast - Caps
Atlantic - Pens

Hart - Malkin
Norris - Weber
Calder - Hodgson (see, homeriffic)
Vezina - Rinne
Adams - Trotz
Richard - Ovy
Art Ross - Malkin
Selke - Toews

Last edited:

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Players should be aware of where they are on the ice so that they don't get injured. But the argument that the player getting hit bears responsibility for being cheapshotted/hit to the head is total bullshit.
At the end of the day YOU are responsible for how you hit the player. If his head is down and you clip him with your shoulder, that's your problem, not his for having his head down. And McArthur deserved his suspension anyways, so I don't know what he's even whining about.

As for predictions:

Northwest - Canucks
Pacific - Anaheim (out on a limb)
Central - Detroit
Northeast - Bruins
Southeast - Caps
Atlantic - Pens

Cup: Pens (if Crosby is healthy)

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
avery more like waivery am i rite

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score

At the end of the day YOU are responsible for how you hit the player. If his head is down and you clip him with your shoulder, that's your problem, not his for having his head down.

And if you commit to a check, then he moves at the last minute and you wind up getting him on the chin, what then? I have to say, I was not expecting the Malone no-call from Shanny but it was a good message to send. I'm not sure it was the right check on which to send that message because I think Malone may have been able to avoid him and there was a third guy in there setting Campoli up. But I'm glad the word's out. No suspensions for Edler and Sturm, which I'm pleased with as a shameless homer.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ballin!!
Guess they figured that they might as well go all out on the ring because it's going to be a while before the next one!

I was about to post the exact same thing. Nice rings, hope they still look good in 40 years when they get to go in for new ones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads