• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL 2011-2012 Thread

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
habsinsideout1 Dave Stubbs
#Habs coach Jacques Martin has been fired
31 minutes ago
Retweeted by JeffMarek

FriedgeHNIC Elliotte Friedman
Canadiens announce Larry Carriere (who is assistant GM) moves onto bench beside interim head coach Cunneyworth. What a gong show of a season

BOOM, must be like christmas morning for you today LB. Now they can finally get Kirk Muller to take the jo-

Last edited:

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

habsinsideout1 Dave Stubbs
#Habs coach Jacques Martin has been fired
31 minutes ago
Retweeted by JeffMarek

FriedgeHNIC Elliotte Friedman
Canadiens announce Larry Carriere (who is assistant GM) moves onto bench beside interim head coach Cunneyworth. What a gong show of a season

BOOM, must be like christmas morning for you today LB. Now they can finally get Kirk Muller to take the jo-

Hahaha! Maybe we can lure him away from Carolina...

I actually liked Jacques Martin for most of his time with Montreal, but there is one thing he has always done very poorly and that is develop young talent. With a team like the Habs that are (whether we want to admit it or not) in a type of rebuild mode, you need a guy that isn't afraid of giving big minutes the youngsters. Giving Leblanc 1-2 more shifts after he scored on Thursday was probably the straw that broke the camel's back.

Cunneyworth is probably a sto-gap measure and I'm interested to see who they will get behind the bench full-time. As much as I respect the need to communicate in french with the fans, I really hope they don't limit their choice to french speaking coaches. If that's the case, it will probably be Bob Hartley or someone like that.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
This Toronto - Vancouver game is among the best I've seen all season. Who knows why they decided this was a statement game but everyone is playing at their best and the goaltending has been insane. Probably a perfect storm of Toronto at home on Saturday night and the Canucks coming off a bad loss.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This Toronto - Vancouver game is among the best I've seen all season. Who knows why they decided this was a statement game but everyone is playing at their best and the goaltending has been insane. Probably a perfect storm of Toronto at home on Saturday night and the Canucks coming off a bad loss.

This Canucks Eastern road trip seems like it's been going on for a month. Poor bastards must be tired.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
It was only 5 games. But it was a disappointment even at 3-1-1 given the 1-1 were to Columbus and Carolina. You'd figure if there were ever two "gimmes" for a Canuck team on a roll...

Leafs are out of the playoff standings. Maybe we spoke too soon in declaring the drought over.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was only 5 games. But it was a disappointment even at 3-1-1 given the 1-1 were to Columbus and Carolina. You'd figure if there were ever two "gimmes" for a Canuck team on a roll...
Leafs are out of the playoff standings. Maybe we spoke too soon in declaring the drought over.

I thought they were a playoff team this year, to be honest. And it pains me to say that as a Habs fan. But when you look at what got them there at the beginning of the season (Kessel's incredinle scoring, lights out goaltending by Reimer, everyone else playing well) it definitely did have the look of a "too good to be true" scenario.

I still think they can squeeze in to the playoffs if they stay healthy and the rest of the East continues to be hobbled by injuries. But their roster really isn't that good, to be honest.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eberle just scored beauty.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha watching the San Jose feed for the oiler game and the announcers just called Edmonton the "Las Vegas of Canada". What the **** are they talking about?

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eberle just scored beauty.

yeah, that was a nice one. eberle is probably my favourite youngster; he has the "it" factor. that intangible, the sense, whatever. maybe im still in love with him for his game-tying goal against the russians a few WJC ago... one of my most epic favourite hockey moments for sure.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a Habs fan I really have no idea how Cole's hit on Larsson didn't even warrant a hearing with Shanahan. I don't think Cole meant to hurt him but it was a straight hit to the head with his shoulder. 1-2 games would have probably been sufficient but the league didn't even meet with him. Good for us because our best player isn't MIA for two games but I don't even have a clue what a suspendable hit is anymore.

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JeffMarek Jeff Marek
Phaneuf on Kassian - zero games. Lucic on Rinaldo - 1 game. Bourque on Seabrook - 2 games. Ok, then.

my thoughts exactly. shanny is losing his grip here. flames homerism aside, i cant see how seabrook getting tangled in the ref + turning to the boards is a 2 gamer. seabrook's hips and feet were 90 degrees to bourque just before impact; i like seabrook and hope like hell he is okay given his history, but honestly what the ****?? looks like lucic got a game for being lucic and bourque got 2 for hitting a darling d-man with a concussion history and now probably another one.

didn't see the cole hit but it seems shanny is getting sloppy here.

totally unrelated, i am ******* JACKED PUMPED UP for the WJC pre-tournament starting. i love finland; can't wait to see the granlund hypetrain arrive in canada.

Last edited:

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JeffMarek Jeff Marek
Phaneuf on Kassian - zero games. Lucic on Rinaldo - 1 game. Bourque on Seabrook - 2 games. Ok, then.
my thoughts exactly. shanny is losing his grip here. flames homerism aside, i cant see how seabrook getting tangled in the ref + turning to the boards is a 2 gamer. seabrook's hips and feet were 90 degrees to bourque just before impact; i like seabrook and hope like hell he is okay given his history, but honestly what the ****?? looks like lucic got a game for being lucic and bourque got 2 for hitting a darling d-man with a concussion history and now probably another one.
didn't see the cole hit but it seems shanny is getting sloppy here.
totally unrelated, i am ******* JACKED PUMPED UP for the WJC pre-tournament starting. i love finland; can't wait to see the granlund hypetrain arrive in canada.

The Lucic suspensions was basically Shanahan telling Lucic to quit thugging it up. Good idea, but why not wait until he actually does something worthy of a suspension and then give him a few more to drive the point home? It's been done before and I have no issue with it. But as it stands, Lucic just got a game for hitting some guy with what appeared to be a clean hit that didn't come close to resulting in an injury. In fact, the "victim" immediately jumped up and kicked Nathan Horton's ass. Didn't seem like he was too hurt.

I agree that Shanahan is losing it. He has lost his focus and he has gone from giving fairly objective decisions to completely subjective decisions.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

The current gong show surrounding Randy Cunnyworth's inability to speak french is the result of a small, vocal fringe of Quebec's population (mostly politicians and language right nuts) shrieking and making a nuisance out of a language issue. Most hockey fans, both french and english, want a coach that can win hockey games, period. If he speaks french, that's great. But we want a winner above all else.

Thank you.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sedin's magic continues from the Toronto game against the best defensive team in the league doubling the Wild's GAA per game with a 4-goal shutout win.

Three beautiful plays by the Sedins.

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, that third goal was filthy.

glad to see the WJC team pull it off. boone jenner is from my hometown :slayer: they better not **** the bed this year. they should make ryan ellis and jordan eberle go through a time machine and play in the juniors again...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads